GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to go out this morning and the flat tyre warning popped up - found a nail in the middle of the tyre.

I know some people have had them repaired but does Nissan Concierge service take the car to the dealers or is it better to get local tyre fitter to repair it.

Anybody know of mobil tyre service near Romford that you would trust with your tyres ?

Is there a maximum distance you should drive with the run-flats ?

Any help appreciated

·
Registered
690 Posts
Went to go out this morning and the flat tyre warning popped up - found a nail in the middle of the tyre.

I know some people have had them repaired but does Nissan Concierge service take the car to the dealers or is it better to get local tyre fitter to repair it.

Anybody know of mobil tyre service near Romford that you would trust with your tyres ?

Is there a maximum distance you should drive with the run-flats ?

Any help appreciated
Hi mate. I dont think your HPC will repair it, they will want to replace. There have been a number of threads re repairing run flats and I think it's difficult to find someone to do it! I think a mobile fitter will be even harder to find as I was told more force is required to get these tyres off and on the wheel and I suspect the mobile guys will struggle?! They will repair.....it's just a pain trying to find someone to do it!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
E-tyres will consider repairing it - want £480 for new tyre if they can't.

Local tyre centre (Elite Tyres in Rainham) said they will repair it - want £435 if they can't

Going to take it off and drop it off at Elite - I'll let you know how I get on

·
Registered
690 Posts
E-tyres will consider repairing it - want £480 for new tyre if they can't.

Local tyre centre (Elite Tyres in Rainham) said they will repair it - want £435 if they can't

Going to take it off and drop it off at Elite - I'll let you know how I get on
Let us know how you get on! I've had 3 nails in my old RS4 in 3 years.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The only reason they are telling you that they might repair it is to get you into the shop. Once the tyre is off they will tell you it's not safe and your gonna have to buy a new one. This is advice from someone that's been in the tyre trade for 10 years!

·
Registered
690 Posts
The only reason they are telling you that they might repair it is to get you into the shop. Once the tyre is off they will tell you it's not safe and your gonna have to buy a new one. This is advice from someone that's been in the tyre trade for 10 years!
Can they be repaired? You'd know! :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
All tyres can be repaired to a point! Runflats can be repaired but I personally wouldn't recommend it! If u guys want them done I can do them but your gonna have to drive down to Sw London

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update for you - Elite tyes Rainham have repaired it for £18.

They said they do large number of BMWs which have runfats. Main risk is how far long you have run them with no pressure. Normal tyres would show beading wear on inside whereas runflats dont show this wear. Its up to the customer to decide if they want the repair.

If you haven't driven it while its flat then its fine to repair them.

The guy did struggle a bit to get the tyre off, but he managed it after a few minutes.

Only poblem I have now is the flat tyre warning on the dashboard. Even though the pressure is fine the warning light stays on. Does this involve a trip to the dealer ?

Or does it give me another reason to think about buying the AP

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any volunteers ? London / Essex.

Wouldn't mind meeting someone with a Y-pipe and AP mod to see the difference

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i can help out **** if you need a AP, but i thought that once it was installed on a car then it could not be transfered onto another car?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts