GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one had Nissan repair a puncture? Found a nail right in the middle of the fro t right. Tyres are brand new so don't want to pay for a new one!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Nissan won't do it but it can be repaired without any issues from any tyre shop you can trust with your wheels

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My only problem is the car goes into Nissan tomorrow for all 4 alloys to be re sprayed. They are going to spot the nail and try and tell me that they wont repair and wont put a bad tyre back on so i buy a new one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nissan won't do it but it can be repaired without any issues from any tyre shop you can trust with your wheels
Yea, had mine done last year, got done very well.
Just be careful that the place you take it to will be able to take the tire off properly as the runflats are very tricky to take off without damaging the wheel.

·
Registered
797 Posts
My only problem is the car goes into Nissan tomorrow for all 4 alloys to be re sprayed. They are going to spot the nail and try and tell me that they wont repair and wont put a bad tyre back on so i buy a new one.

Even better for you get the tyre of them and get it repaired and give it back to them to refit after the refurb don't listen to their nonsense had mine repaired done 10k miles no issues inc ring and back

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have been told that somewhere on the bridgestone tyre it says that RFT tyre can not be repaired? also how do you reset the tyre pressure warning light on the monitor system and dash once you have pumped up the tyre again? Is it in the manual?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have been told that somewhere on the bridgestone tyre it says that RFT tyre can not be repaired? also how do you reset the tyre pressure warning light on the monitor system and dash once you have pumped up the tyre again? Is it in the manual?
Bridgstone say you cant but you actually can and to reset warning you have to do it at either a service place (HPC, Litchfields etc) or have Cobb device.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Checked the tyre the other day and found a screw in the middle of the tread,took it to a local tyre fitter and they were able to fix it. Thank god.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts