GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted this skyline at the ring 29/30 June, had a private plate JER**Y, Nice Nismo wheels.
Anyone know this car?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Was that the R33 with the Abbey Motorsport stickers on the side windows?

I had a brief word with the co-driver who said the driver (and owner?) was named Gary.

It did look the business with those GT1 wheels! Very nice indeed.

MDG.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes MDG forgot to say It had Abbey motorsports stickers on, I also heard It is running approx 600 brake.
What were you driving MDG as there were quite a few of you dutch guys there?

Rob

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ez Cem

Rob

·
Registered
78 Posts
Rob,

nothing special I'm afraid, just a Seat Leon. I'm still a Ring novice and it was a little too crowed for my liking.

MDG.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was at the ring Sunday (in a silver Lotus Elise), although I didn’t get there until around 16:30 (was watching Brazil win :) ) wasn’t crowded then and put in 10 laps before 19:30

MDG,

You might want to try getting there later and staying later as the crowds start reducing around 17:00 and if it rains even better. It seems as though bikers melt in water they just suddenly disappear when it rains :confused: .

Paul.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'll probably try to go during the week instead of on Sunday. Should be a lot quieter.

Of course this also dimishes the chances of spotting a Skyline!

MDG.

(How I envied the two guys who got a ride in the R33...)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ring trips

MDG,

I'll let you know next time I'm going to the ring with my Skyline.

Paul.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ring'

I was at the ring in my GTR, had a great weekend there actually still learning though. Managed an 8.55 as my best but the instructer with me did an 8.15 ! Scared me to death ! I'm going back out on the 19th July, anyone else around then ?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'll be there if you can bring a spare pair of turbo's with you.

1 of mine has blown an oil seal :(

Paul.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ring'

Strangely enough I do have a spare pair of standard turbo's !

Bad luck on the oil seal though let me know if you need anything I have spares of just about everything !

Gary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts