GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,need advice as i need to order a new clutch.
I have a 1993 r32gtr registered march 1993 with r33 engine. do i need a push or pull type clutch?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ive just replaced my clutch on r33 gtr but was told when shopping around that all r32gtr's and some early r33 gtr's were push type? mine is a 97 model and was pull type.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Cheers guys for helping. I believe it is a pull type on mine as engine came from a 97 r33 gtr and from what iv searched that BNR32's registered Feb 93 and earlier are known as zenki (push type) and after Feb 1993 are kouki (pull type).

Dont know how true the above is but i do know that my clutch is slipping its tits off and is almost undrivable now,undrivable in that i cant even attempt to come on to boost because its all engine noise and no go im afraid.

Why the previous owner replaced the clutch with a standard clutch il never know but then it did also have the original exhaust aswell. (he part ex'd the R32gtr for an Audi tt 1.8t)

·
Registered
197 Posts
have a quick look under the car and see which way round the clutch slave is mounted,if its mounted rearwards of the arm and pushing forward its a pull type and if its mounted engine side of the arm and pushing rearwards its a push type

1 - 5 of 5 Posts