GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a nice modified R33 GTR which only has a Nismo clutch...kinda heavy.

So I decided to fit a Nismo big operating cylinder. ;)

I received it last week and today, I put the car on stands and "gosh, it won't fit...:( "

I immediately thought about the pull/push thing and wondered if the mistakes comes from me or the shop.

I browsed the board and it appears that, my slave cylinder sitting in front of the fork, I have a push clutch.
I also discovered that R33s are supposed to have a pull type.

Can someone confirm that I'm right?

(and that my car having a pull/push conversion that I didn't know about, the mistakes on my order is only due to...me. :lamer: )

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to revert to original setup. I just want to be sure the mistake is mine, and order the right part. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,

I have a nice modified R33 GTR which only has a Nismo clutch...kinda heavy.

So I decided to fit a Nismo big operating cylinder. ;)

I received it last week and today, I put the car on stands and "gosh, it won't fit...:( "

I immediately thought about the pull/push thing and wondered if the mistakes comes from me or the shop.

I browsed the board and it appears that, my slave cylinder sitting in front of the fork, I have a push clutch.
I also discovered that R33s are supposed to have a pull type.

Can someone confirm that I'm right?

(and that my car having a pull/push conversion that I didn't know about, the mistakes on my order is only due to...me. :lamer: )
hi,
yes if your slave is towards the front(motor side) of the box from the fork you have a push and behind a pull type

mark

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so it has been converted from pull to push...hence the mistake.

Thx

·
Registered
752 Posts
HI, is it posible to convert my push style, to a pull style mechanism in the box, ie put a slave cylinder behind the fork towards the box? its because I found a cheap new Exeddy tripple plate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yep, just drill and tap it into its new location. The bellhousing already has the mounts for it. you will also have to change the folk and bearing to a pull type.

Cheers,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts