GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Hopefully I'm posting in the correct forum; my apologies if I've blown it.

I'm putting together a fuel system for my NISMO R32. I'm a relative Skyline newbie here, so bear with me. I'm planning on staying with the stock lines and fuel rail for now, but I tend to like to "buy once" with these sorts of things. The fuel parts I'll likely buy are beyond my anticipated power levels.

My initial injector plan was to buy R35 injectors with pigtails and adapters, but the cost when all was said and done was going to be within $100 of ID1000s. I've been happy enough with their big brother's performance in my Supra, so I'm thinking ID1000s should do the trick here. The car will see e85 from time to time, hence the hefty injectors.

I've been bouncing around a lot on the fuel pump front. I love the flow and e85 compatibility of the Walbro 450, but I'm not sure how it'll work for an in-tank install. Any thoughts?

Also, supposing I go with a 450, what should I be looking at as far as a fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks all. Hopefully I'm barking up the right tree!

For reference, current power goals will be whatever I can get out of the stock Nismo T04B twins on e85.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Start by knowing what you want.

-Built system that will support your current goal - Future goal / mods?
-Running e85 will be your main fuel source? (this means to get the most out of it, you wil want bigger injectors, and the proper system to supply them)

an adjustable FPR is always nice. pick a good one, dont cheap out with parts for a car that can cause it to burn to the ground if they fail. Aeromotive/Tomei etc etc. get it from a proper dealer/source.

If you are running e85, you will also need to tune for it to get the most out of it, have you looked at this side of things?

Have a look at the ID1300s too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll definitely check out the ID1300s. My goals realistically are in the 500whp range if/when I upgrade turbos. Anything beyond 400-450whp though and I'll probably be running fuel lines and swapping rails. What attracted me to the ID1000s was idle performance and price.

I'll be on e85 on track days and 91 or 93 octane on normal days. I'll swap maps on a NIStune ECU according to the fuel I'm running. Honestly I'll be on pump gas most of the time. Unfortunately I'm stuck with terrible gas in the States.

Tomei was at the top of my list thus far. That and the Nismo. I run an Aeromotive in my Supra with an aftermarket rail, but the "stock" look and fitment of the Tomei/Nismo is attractive. I'll look at Aeromotive's setup on an RB26 a little more carefully.

The stock Nismo twins are my current goal, but eventually I'll build it and end up with -5s or something slightly larger. By that point I'll be far enough into it that I'll need to swap injectors for whatever rail I end up running, so I'm not enormously worried about my future upgradability beyond maxing out the stock T04Bs.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
If you are in the States, check out Rawbrokerage for parts, their prices are pretty damn good.

If i was doing this, id probably upgrade my whole fuel system, stopping short of doing a external fuel swirl etc etc, if you are trying to keep the OEM look, as you have already said, check for fitment of intank upgraded pumps, and i would upgrade everything in the engine bay. New rails injectors and a FPR. If you are looking for WHP numbers add on 20%ish and thats your engine numbers, so build your fuel supply to suite that number at least.

You can modify the OEM rails for multiple ports but I think at that point you may as well just get a aftermarket rail. RawBrokerage do a nice kit too, and its not JDM flashy worth looking at since you get a rail and injectors. You will need a FPR by that point.

US 91/93 is RON equivalent to EU 95/98. At least you have a supply of E85! The pump, will be something you will need to decide on, if you will be going up in power later on, since you are in to Supras, you could probably run an OEM TT pump, isnt it rated at like 290lph?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good point, I do have a stock Supra pump in the garage. E85 will kill it unfortunately. I wish I had a good supply... unfortunately it's on the other side of town.

Glad to hear a good review for Raw Brokerage. I've been eying a few thing they have but hadn't done the research yet.

I've found a thread or two for the Walbro 450 in an R32, but those who did it were pretty vague. I'll pop the tank open in the next few weeks and take a look. If it's easy enough I'll put together an install thread.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Thats awesome if you add to the community!

No probs, happy to help if I have anyway lol.

Edit: the 450 should fit btw, I think there are a few people who have fit them here. FRRACER was also looking to run one I think...dont know if he ever did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.