GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been annoyed at how loud my twin Bosch 044 fuel pumps in the boot of my car are, I know a lot of you hate the idea of putting a swirl pot with pumps in the boot because of the noise they make. I also found that because I had such a capable fuel system working 100% all the time, it tends to increase the fuel temps because there is so much fuel being send to the engine, heated and then sent back to the swirl pot.

So I noticed a while back that a new syvecs firmware update was available that supports pwm control for fuels pumps and even closed loop fuel pump control. So I installed a few h-bridge circuits into the boot and now my lift pump and my 044's all run on demand, 15% duty at idle and as you require more fuel the duty increase.
Basically I can never hear the pumps above the engine anymore :)

Anyway, just thought I would share. Happy to help if anyone is thinking of doing the same. If you already have a syvecs then it's a pretty cheap upgrade.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Planning on doing this myself in the near future.
Although my lift pump will probably be left at full speed.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Yup, my ViPec is doing the same thing.
I can't even hear my twin external 044's at all in the car, other than on start up when the rail is priming, I think my Nismo intank pump is noisier. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts