GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting annoyed of the beeps that "signals" that I have selected reverse gear. Is there any way to disable this reverse warning system. (the car does not have parking sensors)?

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Yes there s, but it's not easy.

Bdl99 believes be has a hardware fix for it but it will mean instrument cluster out.

Others believe there is a configurable setting for it perhaps in consult 3 but no one know's where it is. There is a display screen which states reversing beep and has it defined as on, suggesting off is an option.

If Cobb or ecutek can find and disable it, I'd buy one for that feature alone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is a big difference in what people believe and what has been done.
So far many have tried but nobody has actually disabled it. It might be possible in the future though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes there s, but it's not easy.

Bdl99 believes be has a hardware fix for it but it will mean instrument cluster out.

Others believe there is a configurable setting for it perhaps in consult 3 but no one know's where it is. There is a display screen which states reversing beep and has it defined as on, suggesting off is an option.

If Cobb or ecutek can find and disable it, I'd buy one for that feature alone.
I have Cobb and there does not seem to be a feature that controls the "comfort" settings of the car. As far as the menu goes I have failed to find a feature to control this tractor like beeping......

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
I have Cobb and there does not seem to be a feature that controls the "comfort" settings of the car. As far as the menu goes I have failed to find a feature to control this tractor like beeping......
Sorry, I should have been clearer.

I am saying that if Cobb find a way to disable it, I would buy one for that reason alone. I know that neither cobb or ecutek can do this yet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
my car does not have the constant beeping.. it has parking sensors and only beeps if something is in the way.. so there must be a way of disabling it!
My 2011 (UK) model had parking sensors fitted as an option from new, I believe they were fitted by the supplying NHPC, however I have the repeating beep when reverse is selected and it interferes with the parking sensor beeps.

I would be very interested in how silencing reverse beep was achieved

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Apart from the bot like post above, should mention that Brian over at the car kit company has developed a module to delete the beeps.

There is a thread over at GTRlife/Nagtroc about it.

Knowing Brian the kit will be perfect and plug n play.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2010 model has reverse camera and also annoyingly beeps all the time while in reverse... surely we ca switch this off? Anyone?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I find it quite amusing that the car beeps incessantly at you to inform you you are in reverse yet there's zero audio nagging that you've not put your seat belt on?

·
Registered
80 Posts
My 2010 model has reverse camera and also annoyingly beeps all the time while in reverse... surely we ca switch this off? Anyone?
Many have looked in to being able to switch off via consult etc but no one was successful and why we finally developed the beep defeater module

·
Registered
80 Posts
I find it quite amusing that the car beeps incessantly at you to inform you you are in reverse yet there's zero audio nagging that you've not put your seat belt on?
The US cars beep if you don't put on your seat belt but only for a few seconds.

If you want, I can make your car beep if you don't put on your seat belt on ;)

·
Registered
941 Posts
The US cars beep if you don't put on your seat belt but only for a few seconds.

If you want, I can make your car beep if you don't put on your seat belt on ;)
LOL no thanks, I want to rid the car of beeps (apart from the reversing sensors obviously!) not add them :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts