GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

A few days ago i had to do some re-arranging in my garage so i had to pull out my R32 GTR. My driveway was covered in ice, so i switched my controller to full awd mode to get it up, but the car stayed in full rwd mode and i had a difficult time getting it up. I pressed the button on the far left to "turn on" (i think) the controller and turned both the knobs to AWD but still no luck... So, How exactly does this system work? and how do i use it correctly?...

here a little video to show how difficult it was for the car to get up my driveway even in AWD (apparently) mode and it is clearly in RWD mode..

YouTube - gtr tryin to make it up driveway.

thank you very much in advance,
Navin :clap:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
is linked up to the torque gauge ,do you get any readings on it atall ,have you checked the fuse for the atessa also fluid in the boot (pot in the right hand side of trunk side flap) check level

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im gonna check all of it out this weekend..thanks for the help..........

·
Registered
733 Posts
Looking at the video, I thought a quick scrap with a spade to make to tracks would have been better for the cars to get in and out.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at the video, I thought a quick scrap with a spade to make to tracks would have been better for the cars to get in and out.:thumbsup:
we were scrappin like crazy... but there was just so much ice and there was freezing rain falling and accumulating too quickly ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
HI Guys,

After fiddling with this subject for some time now i just came to the following conclusions:

As many of you know the GTR is not a AWD which means the car is a rear wheel drive until the ATESSA Controller sense the need for the front wheel drive to assist based on longitudinal and Lateral G Sensors inputs. the Field, HKS Kansai ETC Controllers will only improve(manipulate) the 4WD during these conditions. now, the only controller i know of and had experience with that has a Drag Mode and can actually engage the front wheels of the line or prevent the front wheel drive from coming on for rear tires warming (burn out) is the Bee Racine ETC. This controller can pressurize the front wheels and you can actually see the torque gauge going to full scale. the only problem with this ETC is the fact that it is more expensive than the other controllers and it is only made for GTR32. i was in Japan 2 days ago attending the Tokyo Auto Salon and i had a chance to contact the company with a local friend help there and he asked them if they re willing to do one for GTR 33. they agreed but for additional cost and more time. if any buddy is interested i will include him in this order.

Husam,

MC-Performance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well it's snowed :) switched to AWD on the ETS and all 4 spun. Check the small pot in the boot to make sure there's fluid in the 4wd system

1 - 15 of 15 Posts