GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a curiosity...

Q. How many of UK's 80 official R34 GT-R V-Spec car owners on here?

Are most owners driving around in unofficial imports or are 90% of the peope on here just enthusiasts without one?

I bought from BAYSIDE34 his Uk Spec R34 on Saturday :p (its number 9 of the 80 made) and was wondering how many actually are on here of the original batch... Has everyone just gone the import route and if so what was the insurance consequence? I was quite glad mine is a uk car come the time to insure because it (apparently) makes a huge difference to policy quotations (crazy but true!)

Trev

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Insurance

Import or UK made no difference to my policy but then I know it does to some of them.

Welcome to the fold!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I picked up my R34 in June from Middlehurst (Reg Sept 2001).
My original insurers would not insure - even though an official UK car - all they would say is "It's a Japanese car " ..
Though it made a difference of 500 notes with it being UK.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Skyline

Not much to do wiv this topic but i seen this program about the import of illegal cars a few months back.
felt sorry for this bloke with a brand spanking new R34 Skyline V spec who had it impounded off him 2 days after he brought it back. turned out the bloke he brought it off had nicked it in Japan.
Partly his own fault, but still felt sorry for him.:( :smokin:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Re: Skyline

Veilside mark said:
Not much to do wiv this topic but i seen this program about the import of illegal cars a few months back.
felt sorry for this bloke with a brand spanking new R34 Skyline V spec who had it impounded off him 2 days after he brought it back. turned out the bloke he brought it off had nicked it in Japan.
Partly his own fault, but still felt sorry for him.:( :smokin:
how did he get it out of the country with japan's strict exporting laws you need some serious paper work and checks to get a jap car out of japan,still where there's a will and all that.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would Guess that about half of the Car's that are still alive are or have been to the board

Something like 75 cars left and about 37 owners on the site

you could page through all the Members and poss work it out!

Regards

Bruce R34 UK*2

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
how did he get it out of the country with japan's strict exporting laws you need some serious paper work and checks to get a jap car out of japan,still where there's a will and all that.
There are dodgy people in Japan as well;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts