GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I am going to apologise to the people out there sick of the Single or twin debate and especially for what is going to come next:)

Most of you know what spec I will be going for on the car and I am still pretty much undecided on the whole single or twin issue. well something somebody said to me yeterday got me thinking, so I will put the question out there and all you technically minded people can answer it.

Is it possible to put a quad turbo setup on the R34?, has it been done, I know the Bugatti EB110 does have it, however, being a completly different engine to the Skyline.

My line of thinking would be to have one set of twins for low down revs the second set for top end?, or just a set of 4 working together all the way through.

I know if it is possible it would be a complete rocket ship:D

and it would be the set up I go for, I like to be different:p

·
Registered
248 Posts
Simon M8

Have you been watching to much Star Wars ;)

Don't know what they put in the water up your way but get some shipped down here ;)

SJD

·
Registered
88 Posts
Quad turbo

Don't see why not in principle, but you would probably need a *huge* bonnet bulge and some extremely expensive one-off plumbing and electronics!! :p

Chris

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
How are you going to make quads work from a 6 cylinder engine? The max would be 3, as that would be one for each pair of cylinders. Its been done before on a Supra and looked really messy with all the pipe work....
...I'm sure I can find picture a somewhere...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is why I put the question out there, with my limited technical knowledge, for the more technical to answer, if it were pos. I WANT IT!!:p

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Damn...I can't find that pic anywhere:rolleyes: It was done over in the US though....I think the car was green...

Another option, which has already been done here in Japan, is a twin turbo and supercharged RB26!! Crazy stuff:eek:

:smokin:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was another thought Twin with supercharger, supercharger for the lower end, Lancia used on their road going Delta S4 in the mid 80's to cut out lag, because turbo's in those days suffered from really bad lag.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Simon M8

Why not being funny or anything but surely a twin solution or single would provide ample power then invest teh rest in an excellent brake set up good brakes are worth at least a 100 horse and suspension set up same again.

Just my two penneth worth

SJD

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scott,

Believe me its a money not spared project, brakes are already on the menu, Ap racing 362mm diameter 6 pot front,325mm 4 pot rear, plus aero quip. brake lines, master cylinder brace etc. what I want is the ultimate track/road going GTR in the country.

Hipogtr,

That does look interesting , I will have to ask [email protected] his opinion :) or if Gary from GTart comes on, whats his opinion?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Simon

Like your style :smokin:

Just finished doing this with a scoob why oh why oh why?

uphrfher
e[qsihrtgvi[ejhtb

7387gft
4whtbg4e4hbt

359uhgf35g

My head banging the keyboard in succesion ;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scott,

I think the answer is why not? as long as I realise I will never get the money that will be poured in, back and I accept this, thats ok.
Must be nuts, but I will have fun doing it.:D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Quad Turbos

There might be a way Simon .Gary was telling me at Bedford ,an idea he had about having two extra turbos instead of BOV's. If money is no object it must be possible but don't quote me . ;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sounds interseting, I would like it to be different, see if I can add another argument, Single, Twin or Quad :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
2 more turbos instead of BOVs mental :eek: I love this Board!

Why do I know its going to cost me more than I spent on my other car though ;)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Drugs

This board and Skylines mate are like the hard drugs Somon sells.:D .bloody addictive .I spent most of my spare time on both ,AND ALL me spare cash on the car !
Be warned . Are you married ?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts