GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car for a while now and the torque guage rarley moved unless driving like a twat but now after a small probelm with some electrics it moves alot more.What I want to know is how other people guages behave under the following conditions.
1.Pulling away from stationary slowly as if in traffic.
2.Already moving in a straight line catching the revs and boost at the right time foot to the floor.In 2nd,3rd,or 4th
Reason I ask is that I get a small movement as I initially pull away and it goes upto about 10 when I floor it in a straight line.
The car has been modded a bit and runs 1.2 bar.
I took it to GT-ART yesterday(thanks to Gary for fitting me in at short notice)had it on the test rig and no faults came up,so Gary bled some diff oil out and there was a bit of air in it.
Just want to know other people guage readings to maybe put my mind at rest...

·
Registered
905 Posts
When Driving Normal, it hardly moves except for maybe a slippy corner, when I boot it I get about 10 to the front, but when I boot it in the wet it goes higher as u would expect.

One wierd thing about mine, is when I go onto the track to work, its just a track IE Cart track, it coems on to about 10 for a second or two then goes off, like its adjusting itself to the road conditions.....

Si

G

·
Wierd 4 by 4 shenaniganery

I live up a dirt track, when I pull up and go into reverse to back into my garage, as I let of the clutch I notice the gauge goes up blip blip blip as I am reversing into my garage on loose gravel.

I would seriously love to rally this car on loose dirt and see what attessa makes of the loose surface:)

I was reading an Australian car mag and it talked of rallying GT-R's on the Tasmania Rally and how well they did.....

Are GT-R's rallied (I mean rallied in the McRae sense) anywhere else??

Peace,

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well maybe mine is working fine then..

Glen....I know some Skylines have done the Pikes Peak challenge which is on the loose stuff so they should be able to be rallied,I think there size may cause a few problems....
I can`t remember where as it was a long time ago but I did find some videos on the web that had the skyline doing the pikes peak challenge.

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
Senna,

I thought the Targa Tasmania was all tarmac.

A GTR doesn't meet any modern Rally regs.
It was built for the race track - a true GT car.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I don't know if it is true but I read that the yellow skyline in the fast and the furious was built for the Pikes peak challenge...

my torque splitter went mad after I had the car upgraded. it turned out to be mismatched tyres.

same make all round now and all is well.
I also noticed that differing tyre pressures make the guage more active too.

cheers
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts