GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to fit my HKS twin plate clutch to my R33 GTR very soon and was wondering how do i align the plates up when it is bolted on the flywheel?

I have a clutch aligning tool which i have used for all other clutches i have done but will this still work with a twin plate?

Is there any other advice you could give me for the job?

Cheers.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I lined mine up by eye. It's always worked for me. You can use a tool IF you have one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
A standard cheapy clutch alignment tool works fine with a single plate. But with twin plates, they not only need to be concentric, but the splines need to be dead in line as well.

A cheapy tool can still work, but poke something through the splines to hold the splines in line while the whole mess is bolted onto the flywheel.

Checking it by eye is fine once fully assembled, but you will never get all the parts to bolt together correctly from scratch that way.

The GTR box is a big heavy bastard, and the very last thing you want is an input shaft that refuses to go all the way in.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys guys.
Front prop it is then.

Has anyone put a guide to taking the box off up on here, i have searched but have had no luck??

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
The prop will only aline the splines the discs will still need to be centralised

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Doesn't the HKS twin have a single centre hub? In that case, should be as easy as lining up a single disc clutch?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Don't all twin plates have one hub?

OSG, HKS, Nismo certainly do.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes the HKS does have one single hub so it should be like aligning a single plate clutch in theory i suppose.

Any step by steps to taking the box off on here then?

·
Registered
303 Posts
go to ur local gearbox shop or tuning shop and ask for a broken input shaft out of a skyline gearbox. then just bolt ur clutch to the flywheel and whack the input shaft in the center, wiggle it around a bit and slowly do up the pressure plate bolts. simple :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts