GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I test if my engine oil is still good to use...Is there a viscosity test ???

I run Redline Race 40wt, it's hell expensive, but I do get it a bit cheaper through a race team....But even then I don't want to be wasting it if it's still good.

....Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
There is no easy way to tell, most work it out over time used.

How long do you keep it in there for at the moment? And what kind of use does it see? Road/track/drag etc.

Cheers

Guy

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Guy,
Mostly road work with some track days, I never wrote down the K's it was on at the last change, I normally change every 5000ks

·
Registered
158 Posts
DEAR OIL MAN!!

I BUY I NEW TRASMISIION FRON RHAJAPAN!!

IT IS GOOD!! I USE CASTRON SINTRAX 75/90W

WELL I HAVE OVER 700HP!! AND IN TWO LAUCHES!! THE CAR START AGAIN TO GRIND THE 4 GEAR!

ROB FOR RIPS TOLD ME CAN IS BETTER TO CHANGE THE TRANSM. OIL TO RED LINE 75/140W !! DUE THE HORSE POWER I HAVE!!

WHAT I CAN DO !! WITH OIL YOU RECCOMEND

I USE MY CAR DAILY DRIVE CAR!! AND WEEKENDS TRACK, DRAG!!

PLEASE HELP

JEFFREY

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeffrey,

Caps lock on = YELLING!!

....No one will reply to you...

·
Registered
158 Posts
DEAR OIL MAN!!

i buy new trasm from rhdjapan !!

It is good!! I use CASTROl SINTRAX 75/90W

Well i have over 700HP!!and in 2 lauches!! the transmission start to grind the 4 gear

ROB from RIPS told me is better to change my oil to RED LINE 75/140W !! Due the horse power that i have !!

What i can do!! witch oil you recommend?

I use my car daily and weekends ,drag,and track

Please help

JEFFREY

i fix the cap, sorry!!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
The grinding of the gearchange is the synchro not slowing down enough to engage gear at high revs. You can give the redline shockproof ago, its been known to solve this issue in big power applications.

Cheers

Guy

·
Registered
158 Posts
The grinding of the gearchange is the synchro not slowing down enough to engage gear at high revs. You can give the redline shockproof ago, its been known to solve this issue in big power applications.

Cheers

Guy
Thanks!! can you suggest me lightweight shockproof or heavey shoockproof??

jeffrey

·
Registered
158 Posts

Cheers

Guy

OIL MAN!! many many thanks!! there is not more grinding on my gear box , feels like neww !! shockproof amazing!!

thank you so much

jeffrey

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
the oil man, told me to use shockproof, the mt 90 is not a shockproof!

i will test today the shockproof today , lightweight shckproff!!

hope it works

vettekiller

MT90 would be the normal recomendation, the shockproof does however have its uses and does get recommended.

Cheers

Guy

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I'm using heavy shockproof in mine. Three years ago, it sounded like my transmission was about to let go. Added the magic red stuff, and it hasn't ground a gear since.

It's just a little...stiff...during cold winter startups (ever shift into 1st with TWO hands??)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts