GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, well i have a question for all your minds to probs easily answer,
well here it is, i have got a Nissan Sunny 1.4 (mean machine) but i heard you could put a nissan gti-r body kit on to it, can i??

Please reply
NameLess Jack
:smokin:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
If you are on about the standard kit that comes on the GTI-R then I BELIEVE you can - i remember seeing a 1.4 SR in a magazine not so long ago. As far as i know the car is identicial in dimensions, and i would hope that Nissan were sensible enough to use the same bumper mounting brackets, etc. across the range !!

One point to note, if you want the GTI-R bonnet then look for one at a scrappy (that's had a rear end smash up !). A brand new part from nissan will cost you £1500 alone (approcimately), then you've got to get it sprayed. There may be some slight differences in the bonnet too....i know SE Nissan have made a bonnet for people with front mount intercoolers (like myself). The new bonnet is designed to allow better air flow throughout the engine bay and drastically reduce under bonnet pressures. Now i believe they tried to use a standard sunny bonnet and it didn't fit the 'R properly (the 'R has a slight bulge), so they had to use a GTI-R bonnet and modify it to make the "mould".

That's about as much info as i can provide. If you want more info on dimensions, etc to check what i've said, i recommend you do a search for GTI-R related sites, i'm sure one out there has more specifications.

Cheers
Daz
http://www.myselector.freeserve.co.uk

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Just as a bit more information to this....

There was a 1.6SR sunny at the boxhill meet today, with the bonnet, side skirts, roof spoiler, etc from a GTI-R. The only thing he hadn't put on was the 'R front bumper...instead sticking to the bumper with foglights on it.

So it can be done....hope this helps !

Cheers
Daz
http://www.myselector.freeserve.co.uk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts