GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this on another forum then realised this was the one I use to browse. Any help anyone can provide be great.

Im currently building a kitcar and would like a spoiler for the rear to break it up a bit but nothing OTT. So I've been looking and i think the R34 GTR spoiler (correct me if its not that one) would potentially suit and not look 'stuck on'.

Below is the spoiler I mean;

Does anyone do a Carbon fibre one? I will accept fibreglass with carbon fibre weave. Also any people / places to stay away from because of quality? any good people to buy from? rough prices I can expect (I'm uk based, incase there is a better forum to post in) even 2nd hand is ok in good condition.

This is the kitcar its for, if you have any better suggestions on spoilers please put them forward, I keep changing my mind and gone from a couple of suburu style spoilers to this.
(the bodywork is not meshed at all or holes cut out yet so a bit plain but you get the idea, mirrors are just to pass the road test.)

Blog on the build in case anyones interested
Miami GT4 Kit Car

thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
May be not sold yet:
gtr.co.uk/forum/228921-r34-full-carbon-spoiler.html

The car looks a bit like a mc laren F1. May be one of the F1 spoilers would suit it as well?
Good luck with the build!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
May be not sold yet:
gtr.co.uk/forum/228921-r34-full-carbon-spoiler.html

The car looks a bit like a mc laren F1. May be one of the F1 spoilers would suit it as well?
Good luck with the build!
Thanks, the all carbon ones appear to be slightly taller then originals but ill confirm.

You may be right on an F1 spoiler, however they are rather large and in your face and trying to keep it more subtle.

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
Actually think that's got a nice clean bit there, I'd say no spoiler or a very fine carbon one!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I paid £400 for a complete good secondhand 34 spoiler for skydat... from road n race.... theyre quite complex when you take them to pieces.... and not light either....hope this helps

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I paid £400 for a complete good secondhand 34 spoiler for skydat... from road n race.... theyre quite complex when you take them to pieces.... and not light either....hope this helps
Thanks for the info. I'll keep my eye out and try and search again to see if a thinner smaller spoiler exists.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks, the all carbon ones appear to be slightly taller then originals but ill confirm.

You may be right on an F1 spoiler, however they are rather large and in your face and trying to keep it more subtle.
Hard luck, Nothing subtle about that.
Its a serious looking machine.
Enjoy it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hard luck, Nothing subtle about that.
Its a serious looking machine.
Enjoy it
Maybe not the best choise of words!! :)

However on the other skyline forum I posted on someone said ducktail...which I dont like, but did lead to me finding this!

Now I actually think the corvette and this car are about 1inch difference in width so fit should be ok. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think your both right, it's not an over powering wing and should suit it. Once the measurements are confirmed ill order a carbon fibre one as it will go with other parts of the car like the wheels.

And cheers for comments on the kit...I never realised how hard it would be to build a car from scratch!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts