GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toying with the idea of selling my 09 plate to get something different. Would it be better to turn the car back to standard or sell as is? Car is currently running stage 4 with down pipes. Has a few extras fitted e.g SVM gearbox cooler, difflow rear diffuser, whiteline front and rear roll bars and links. What's your opinions

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Thought that would be best, just wanted to hear it from someone with more experience of these cars!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. Decided to go ahead and turn back to standard so all bits are in the FS section

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Dean, will probably be between an F430 or R8 V10. Before I got my GTR I was looking at an F430 but decided against it, so swaying towards that idea

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hi Dean, will probably be between an F430 or R8 V10. Before I got my GTR I was looking at an F430 but decided against it, so swaying towards that idea
I pray to god its the Ferrari, and not the squashed fancy Audi TT :)

I test drove the R8 when i had enough money in the account to buy a nice car, im glad i test drove it before a GTR, because otherwise i would not have enjoyed the R8, apart from the sound of course.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest, would have thought about the Audi a lot more, if I hadn't seen the other thread where someone was thinking about getting one... Sounds like it would be a problematic ownership If I went for one

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
To be honest, would have thought about the Audi a lot more, if I hadn't seen the other thread where someone was thinking about getting one... Sounds like it would be a problematic ownership If I went for one
Ive never understood the R8 its basically a Gallardo in Audi body.

Which is an insult to the Lambo brand, i know Audi own it, but the Gallardo would be the minimum if i were to go down that route again. At least the Gallardo is unique design, and does not look like a squashed version of its hairdresser cheaper model.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha what a nice way to put it! What do the R8's handle like? They do look like a glorified hairdresser car, but the engine is what makes it special.

First thing will be to sell the GTR, could be hard around this time of year

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Haha what a nice way to put it! What do the R8's handle like? They do look like a glorified hairdresser car, but the engine is what makes it special.

Its very low, well especially compared to the GTR, so you do get that more close to the road feeling and handling. But theres something missing and can never quite put my hand on it. Maybe its the stigma of as you put it "glorified hairdresser car" aka a squashed TT, like Godzilla stood on it ;)

But like i said, the Gallardo would be the one, pretty much the same car, but its also not an Audi basically.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Here we go save alot of £'s but a TT and bamn you have a R8

No but joking aside, i was driving near Dorchester the other day, and a new shape TT driving towards me with its fancy DRL's etc, i turned to the mrs and said oooo look an R8, it wasnt till it got close and to the side, it was just a new, top of range TT.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The R8 in the metal looks distinctly different from a TT, although I will agree that the fairy lights looks almost the same.

That said for that money I am tempted to go for something different... like a 997.2 GT3RS or Turbo S. The F430 would be nice but it's not really a daily car.

Selling the GTR now isn't hard just depends on what offer you are willing to accept :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
R8 for a GTR ?!

Dude even the V10 is slow compared to mild tuned Godzilla.
But if you like to sell, sell Standard.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts

Mate, I've driven the V10 in a , ahem, very spirted manner ; ) I loved loved it and it felt very rear biased which is exactly what I personally like : ) very capable cars when pushing on and I find it quite rewarding.

I personally couldn't give a [email protected] re the gallardo connection as not a badge snob. I know there's some well documented issues with the R8 but let's face it there are scare stories on a lot of cars out there.

Go have a drve of both and see where your heart sits. Good luck mate.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
R8 for a GTR ?!

Dude even the V10 is slow compared to mild tuned Godzilla.
But if you like to sell, sell Standard.
It's not all about speed! I'd have to go a long way, and a lot of cash to get anywhere near speed wise to my GTR. I've bought one, had my fun, now want something different that's all

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The R8 in the metal looks distinctly different from a TT, although I will agree that the fairy lights looks almost the same.

That said for that money I am tempted to go for something different... like a 997.2 GT3RS or Turbo S. The F430 would be nice but it's not really a daily car.

Selling the GTR now isn't hard just depends on what offer you are willing to accept :)
What I buy next wouldn't be my daily driver, just something to have a nice drive occasionally, like how I've used my GTR.

Selling wise, what's people's opinions on pricing it? 09 plate 27000 miles, brakes are healthy, Toyo's on with plenty of tread, colour is UMS, SVM revised bellhousing 2-3000 miles ago

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I'd certainly not discount the R8 as although it does share certain interior trim & parts with other Audi's (so do all Lambo's), the V10 is an epic machine.

I had a V10 Plus on extended test drive a few months back & it was by far the best car i've ever driven & was a much more involving drive than my GT-R. It also had all the supercar drama, presence & noise that a GT-R could never get close to.

That said, in the spec i was driving it was a £135k motor so should be good but don't think for a moment that it's not more than worthy to replace a GT-R in V10 guise.

·
Registered
700 Posts
A lot of people considering selling up at the moment hey. Is this the start of a big rotation? I tell you a car i do quite fancy.... 997 GT2 RS. Also quite like the idea of a Noble M600.

H

1 - 20 of 53 Posts