GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm trying to get a local carbon part producer to make a part for R35 which nobody has made so far, but to make it feasible we need to do a small batch of 10-15 at least (mold being the biggest part of the cost). So now my question am I allowed to start a possible group buy or is this reserved only for traders?

I don't want to brake some rule yet I need to start a semi-serious thing as otherwise the part won't see the light of day (well even then there's no guarantee there will be any interest among fellow R35 owners).

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
What part?

You'll need to ask admin. Probably Mook.

·
Premium Member
13,363 Posts
As ***** says, contact Mookistar and, if it's something that our paid up traders don't or can't supply, there should be no reason why you can't set up a GB.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be the carbon masks that go over the rubber triangles right above the side mirrors.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yup, the outside ones, as SamboGrove said. These would be autoclave made and I haven't seen anyone else produce them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So whats the verdict? Can i try to get enough ppl so this part sees the light of day?

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
I'd be up for a set of these if the price is sensible.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess silence means green light...

Anyhow - prototype is being built as we speak and I hope I get some pics soon. I've donated my pair of J-panels (? I think that's what they are ?) so they have something to make mold from.

To make these reality, we need 10 people to buy, and the price (for the pair) is GBP 110 (shipping not included). This should cover the cost of a mold that can survive 10-15 autoclaves plus actual material and clear coat etc. The price doesn't include glue to stick them one - buyers should therefore count on getting some 3M double side tape or something.

• ozren

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
1.ozren
2.vxrcymru

I'm assuming these will come in shiny gloss coat not matt?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On me some actual details please.
Such as - please be more specific?

Apart from photos, which i dont have yet, as prototype aint ready, Ive told you everything i can. If you want the link to the guys that will hopefully make them - MAC Motoplastika - (I find it useless but the guys make autoclav parts for some Moto2 teams) other than that...?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, as stated above they said they need to sell 10 @ GBP 110 in order to cover the cost of the mold, raw materials, electricity for autoclav, work hours, etc.

This is a brake-even scenario for them but they are willing to do it, as they are aware that for me to have only one made would be waaaay to expensive - the problematic part is the cost of the autoclav mold... that alone is around GBP 500...

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Good luck mate. What I have learnt is that the group buy person normally gets flamed and shot down with people coming out of the woodwork to add their 2p worth and how they can do it cheaper.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts