GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a spare rb25det bottom end that im going to build for when mine finally lets go. just a thought. i know the rb25 and rb26 are the same bore and that its the stroke that make the extra 100cc.

so does anyone know if the rb26 crank rods and pistons will go in the rb25 block. my plan was to get oversized pistons to take it out to a 2.7. i was thinking this is a cheaper option than a stroker kit

anyone tried this? or have a spare crank rod and piston for me to try before i buy :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
sure it would fit, seen posts with people with rb26 cranks in rb25, sure its just the conrod thats different longer stroke so wwith rb25 conrods be ok, would search anyway though

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Conrods are same length.

Pistons are different.

As long as you use RB26 pistons with RB26 crank you'll be fine.

·
Registered
202 Posts
oops i made a boo boo, as above i shall move to the corner and put duns hat on:chairshot:chairshot:chairshot:chairshot:chairshot:chairshot

·
Registered
562 Posts
So therefore I can take my RB26 internals and swap it into a good RB25 Neo block no probs? Does anyone know if I can bolt the RB26 sump to the RB25 block without encountering any problems?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
RB25 block does not have the bolt holes for the RB26 sump, but as RB30's are often fitted with RB26 sump via an adaptor plate, it is possible.

RB26 has RB25 sump bolt pattern too.

I assume you want to do a cheap V-Cam for a GTR by using the NEO block and Head?????

·
Registered
562 Posts
Bingo, I already have a functioning Neo but I guess just to be different ;). Well actually I wanted to use the GTR sump as it is stronger than the RB25 and it is bigger as well. I have a GTT and also have an RB26DETT with a damaged block in need of work. The head I am using on a second RB26DETT for my S14 swap as it has some aftermakret stuff. I like the GTT head as it has the big valves, solid lifters and VCT so it was either an RB26 block swap somehow or if this can happen an RB25 block with RB26 internals. Right now I am just looking at options as this may be an end of year project as the S14 is taking priority now to get back on the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts