GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have just purchased a 102mm titanium exhaust + downpipes (All non-res or de-catt)

My R35 is currently only stage 1 (Remap + res Y-pipe)

The reason for getting such a large exhaust is with the intent that i can send it back home later after a year or so as I will most probably get another r35 in dubai and take it past stage 4.5 :)

For now, i wanted to put it on my stage 1 car just for the extra sound whilst I have it..

I have been told that if i want the exhaust fitted, i must either upgrade my injectors and intakes or limit the stock injectors..

Now im not looking to spend too much on the car as i want to save money for my next GTR build.. But is it possible for me to just upgrade the injectors only ? Without having to do the intakes ? Many people have told me that intakes are not necessary and all i need to do is get 1000cc injectors..

Any thoughts on how i should go about it..?

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
You dont have to do the intakes. K&N Panel filters would be sensible, but not essential. I would also argue you don't need injectors if you arent chasing power. Just run 1 or 2 psi less boost as I understand the injectors are on the limit for increased tune, but not significantly passed it.

You will need to remap though for DP's. Get a live tune specific for your car and have the boost set then. That said, for a bit of extra cash, you could have a decent addition chunk of power and also the surity that the injectors are man enough for the job.

Are you cobb or ecutek?

If neither then you cannot fit the downpipes.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, im running Ecutek Litchfield tuned stage 1 at the moment..

Hmm, i think i might just go ahead, pay a bit extra, and get 1000cc injectors + K&N panel filters :) At least i know now that i do not require the intakes as that along with injectors will be too much £££ lol I wanna hit some tracks and make use of the car while i have it..

Just out of curiosity, how much is it to buy and fit the 1000cc injectors ??

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Speak to the person who will fit the exhaust and do the mapping. I think off hand injectors are circa £800 and fitting is probably an hours labour. But that is pure guestimate and I imagine you could spend much more on better injectors or a bit less if you go second hand.

Who is going to do the work for you?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see.. Okay i will have a think about what to do..

Car is booked in at Litchfield in a couple weeks..

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
You don't need to upgrade the injectors just because you are changing the exhaust! If you are putting it on a stage1 car then you can fit the exhaust andthen have the map tweaked as required to make it safe!

Just because the decatt is going on it doesn't mean you have to run significantly more boost etc etc..... injectors arent required until stg4

Just get it mapped safely buddy once the new exhaust is on :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm.. Okay, most people have told me that i 'need' to upgrade injectors lol :s

But i will see the costs etc.. If its too much then i will just get a safe remap.. Thanks for the advice..

Anyway, im just about to leave to the airport, heading off to Dubai for a couple weeks.. Car is booked in at litchfield as soon as im back, cant wait ! :)

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
You only need injectors etc... if you want to up the power the car is making to over 600bhp.

You can keep it as it is now, just change the exhaust and have the map tweaked to suit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts