GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at pictures of the z-tune and it doesn't look that low. does anyone know how much lower it is than a standard v-spec? 20mm maybe?

is the z-tune suspension available to buy or is it exclusive to the car?

·
Registered
25,967 Posts
you can buy a number of parts from the z tune

nismo have now released the bumper for instance in carbon

bonnet etc was always available.

dont think its too much lower than stock

there is a good video on youtube on the z tune
best of motoring i think

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks natty, so do you know if the z-tune suspension available to buy? I've been trying to navigate my way around the nismo website and could see no mention of the z-tune suspension, just s-tune.

·
Registered
25,967 Posts
z tune suspension (and brakes) as far as im aware was not available to purchase

also just FYI most items which are coming out by Nismo, they wish to have the car booked in to Omori factory to fit.

so export market is taking a little bit of a back burner on some items.

we have sourced some parts which Nismo now changed their mind on for a user on here, ie was available, now Nismo say they only are if you bring the car to them. bit difficult when its thousands of miles away.

multiple phone calls later in japanese we secured the items for the lucky customer.

will be the only customer outside of Japan with these items. period! no one will be able to buy from nismo unless car is taken to them.

loads of suspension available for GT-R just choose what best suits you, Tein/hks/ohlins etc

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spring rates are much stiffer than i expected, i wonder if sachs could supply the units direct...

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Possibly, or even unofficially get the same set up. I thought that too and was surprised to see the same front and rear.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
For the price, get your self a set of proper 3 way adjustable coil overs, valved for those spring rates, with a proper range of travel from an aftermarket supplier like, AST, Ohlins, Quantum, Nitron, etc etc. and there would be little difference.

·
Registered
25,967 Posts
For the price, get your self a set of proper 3 way adjustable coil overs, valved for those spring rates, with a proper range of travel from an aftermarket supplier like, AST, Ohlins, Quantum, Nitron, etc etc. and there would be little difference.
And he owns one so trust his judgement

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Do I still ? Lol!

Just being honest, nismo didn't do any thing magical to the suspension, they just know what works. TBH with that setup on uk roads, unless you are on some prime blacktop, it's not a fun ride lol

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes the spring rates look far too stiff for uk roads, I'm surprised nismo went for such extreme numbers.

hasn't there been some negative feedback regarding nitrons?

does anyone have any experience of EXE-TC on skylines? i know they are popular with the porsche and evo crowds.

·
Registered
25,967 Posts
The z tune was designed to be used and sold in japan

Spend any time there and you will most roads are as smooth as glass

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
^^^ What he said, roads in Japan are amazingly smooth.

No idea about Nitrons, was honestly just listing from the top of my mind.

If you are looking for good quality stuff, your best bet is going with companies who have built their reputation by building suspension, EXE-TC are also very good! cant go wrong with guys who build for the punishment of rally :)

Edit;
Dont know if they have the design for the housings to mount to the hubs of a Skyline, but worth a call, if not, prepare for some £££ for RnD if you go that route :) but you will know you are getting some high end stuff thats for sure.

Depending what you budget is, just as an example, for the pro-level stuff from EXE-TC, you are looking at probably around 3-ish grand a corner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts