GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how I can disable the Air con?

Every time I put the front demister on the feckin Air con comes on too, But I want warm air on my windscreen, but I cant!!!:confused:

Yes before you all say, I know that the air con will clear it faster, but I cant afford to run round all winter with the Air con on!!!!!

Any thoughts?

Si

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Si,

Someone posted a diagnostic test for the air-con way back. can't seem to find it but I can send you a paper copy if you want. Not sure whether this is just a temp/pressure test program or whether it will do toher diagnostics but it sounds like an electrical problem - easily solved by removing the fuse:)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
What's wrong with running the aircon all winter it only needs 6% more fuel:p

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Not sure how it works on yours mate but I just press the AC button and it turns all the AC functions off and behaves like a normal blower.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Theres nothing wrong with the climate control at all, its just that Nissan in its ultimate wisdom decided that you cant have air up the front screen unless you use the air con. When you press the wavey line screen clear button, you can watch the guage go down and as I aint a rich GTR Boy;) :D I can feel my pocket ache when it kicks in. Does anyone know the fuse layout then for the R32, mine in Japanese and im not exactly fluent.....

As for 6% more fuel, Ide rather use that under the accelerator!!!

I was wondering if I took the wire from off the air con unit that would work, what you think????

Yes I know tony, that yours does what I want mine to do.......:mad: :(

Si

·
Registered
418 Posts
Draxx
On the R33 there is a cylinder shaped thing that is mounted next to the the radiator on the air intake side, you can see a small view hole in the centre on top of it, you could just pull the plug out next to that or just remove the belt, or take the compressor off and give it to me! mines knackered.:D

Calv

1 - 9 of 9 Posts