GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could some of you knowledgeble people out there shed some light on the type of AFM's I have just bought.......

They are supposed to be a pair of rb25det items, they have pink labels, 80mm dia. and 3 pin plugs????? I thought rb25 AFM's where supposed to be "plug and play" 4 pin, same as std R32 GT-R AFM's.

The AFM's on the car have brownish labels, 70mm dia and have 4 pin plugs (std ones as far as I know)

Does anyone know what the hell I have got? :confused:

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
AFM

I think you might have the later type RB25 afm`s and not the early type bt i may be wrong...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ar5e! If that is the case will they still be any use with a plug change (cant imagine they would as 4 connections dont go into 3)

They where sold as R33 GTS-T AFM's........... or should have I been looking for R32 GTS-T AFM's (thought they where all the same........oh well)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody else confirm this.....................I have searched for info, but no mention of 3 pin plug rb25 AFM's

Chees
Ian

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
There are indeed 3 and 4 pin rb25 AFM's available. Am fairly certain that the 4 pin version has 2 earths, feed and signal, the 3 pin a single earth, feed and signal. So you should be able to join the 2 earths together (I THINK one goes to ground, the other direct to ECU), and then use that as you single earth in the 3 pin.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are indeed 3 and 4 pin rb25 AFM's available. Am fairly certain that the 4 pin version has 2 earths, feed and signal, the 3 pin a single earth, feed and signal. So you should be able to join the 2 earths together (I THINK one goes to ground, the other direct to ECU), and then use that as you single earth in the 3 pin.
Thanks for that Cord, you dont happen to know where I would be able to get the 3 pin RB25 plugs from do you? Nissan?

Your info is much appreciated. :)

Thanks again.
Ian

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I've never bought them, but presume you can buy them from a main dealer. If they don't have GTS's on their FAST system I'm positive that a similar 3 pinned AFM is used on a 200 or a primera.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for that Cord :bowdown1: I assume if I have to run with combined earths on the AFM's a Power FC will still run the units with this modification without picking up any earth interference from the chassis?

I will check the workshop manual electrical wiring diagram to sort out my 32's 4 pin plug wires but does anyone have a clue what pin is what on the 3 pin rb25 AFM's ??????? :confused: :confused:

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Thanks for that Cord :bowdown1: I assume if I have to run with combined earths on the AFM's a Power FC will still run the units with this modification without picking up any earth interference from the chassis?
Cheers
Ian
I've never done it, I'm only asuming it will work that way.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers Cord, I will post up my results when I get around to fitting them so if anyone else comes across this they will know what to do.

Maybe some time though as I still have to get the engine out, fit new oil pump, sump baffle and clutch so it will probably be into the new year by the time I get it back together............funds allowing :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Oh Ian....did you get these for £9.99 also :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry old chap couldn't resist :shy: :shy: :shy:

I have tried going down the cheap route, it doesn't work

There is always something someone hasn't told you 100% along the way

Anyhow, I think Nengun sell the connectors seperate if you have no luck getting any for £9.99

All The Best

John :popcorn:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts