GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi thought I would pass on a good deal,
After coming to terms about having to replace the battery I checked the forums for the recommend solution.
The Yellow Top seems to come in first place based on overall performance and highest cold cracking amps but also comes with a daft price:runaway:

Based on the typical Sunday afternoon decision to replace it I decided to go for the YUASA Silver battery which is a direct fit and way out performs the OEM unit and at a reasonable ishh price of £89 at halfords (HSB053) 48AH with CCA 430Amps
I did a bit of web searching and found it at the Batteryshop.co.uk for £55.99:clap::clap:

I realised that halfords are not well known for being competitive but they do have a 7 day price match policy:p (google halfords price match)
So after reading their terms I ordered the battery online for local collection. After having a quick bit of backwards and forwards chat with them in the store about the terms they agreed to match the price of £56 plus £10 delivery:thumbsup:
But to my surprise they also honoured the free Autoglym polish set deal worth £24...thus making the battery £42 with a 5 year warranty...

So Basically guys and girls fill your boots before the deal runs out!!!!

Cheers Chris

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
tempted BUT hmmmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
where does it say about the autoglym?? and why not just get it from Batteryshop.co.uk for £55.99

thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
The Autoglym is an in store promotion and I couldn't find it advertised on line anywhere, but I found the deal when I picked the battery off the shelf. With placing the order online the price match policy kicks in and I paid in the store

I would have ordered it from the Battery Store, plus the £10 delivery but with last weekend's heat wave :flame: I wanted to get the job done and go out for a blast and race a few Sunday bikers...

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
Hi
The Autoglym is an in store promotion and I couldn't find it advertised on line anywhere, but I found the deal when I picked the battery off the shelf. With placing the order online the price match policy kicks in and I paid in the store

I would have ordered it from the Battery Store, plus the £10 delivery but with last weekend's heat wave :flame: I wanted to get the job done and go out for a blast and race a few Sunday bikers...
thanks bud :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
not kicking in on mine

Yuasa 12V Silver Car Battery HSB053 - 5 Yr Guarantee
£89.99 Please select a quantity of the Yuasa 12V Silver Car Battery HSB053 - 5 Yr Guarantee Remove £89.99

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi not sure what you mean, but will try and answer,
If you order the battery online at halfords (reserve it) you don't pay until you collect it at the selected store. Go to the store, show them the offer at BatteryStore website on your ipad or iPhone. If they moan...Show them the halfords price match policy (google) JOB Done.

The Autoglym offer is posted on the shelf next to the HSBC 053 battery(assuming they haven't cancelled it)
I think the offer is something to do with the rebranding of Bosch to YUASA.
But with 5 year warranty and performance not far from Optima Yellow Top which only has 12 months warranty for me it's a simple choice even without the Autoglym offer

FYI
YUASA are a Japanese industrial battery manufacturer used for large scale UPS systems in DATA storage and Banks, Hospitals, Emergency systems etc. Been around for decades and one of it not the best in the market.
I'm an Electrical Engineer and the life expectancy and reliability of LION / dry / gel cell type batteries the technology is just not up to the scratch yet with wet cell type batteries. A car battery gets a lot of abuse high current discharge, short bursts, hot and cold temps and with not charging everyday etc the silver wet cell battery will last a lot longer and that's why the manufacturers offer 5 years.
A £130 yellow top with 12 months warranty simply doesn't make sense to me

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
checked halfrauds today, didnt see the autoglym offer lol

saw some free redex when u buy a battery tho

thanks for the info bud

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just tried to buy this battery today from Norwich Halfords - they weren't doing the autoglym promotion, but still seems like a reasonable price. The girl at the checkout called her supervisor over and I showed him the battery shop website with the price etc. He wrote it all down and went off to talk to their customer services person or something, before returning and explaining that they wouldn't price match against an online price. I showed him the Halfords website where it clearly states they will do just that, but he wasn't interested in looking at it and just said that the customer services people would know and they said they didn't do it, so that was that. He then said he might be able to give me £10 off or something, but I pointed out that was hardly helpful when I could order it online for far less.
I'm not in a hurry, and it clearly wasn't going to be worth my time trying to argue with that particular supervisor, so I just ordered it online instead.

I suspect this was probably just the Norwich Halfords being a bit special:chairshot, so hope others won't have the same problem!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bl**dy fraudsters!!
I was going to get it from the Battery Store but decided to have a go at Halfords and get the battery that day rather than waiting for the delivery. Huntingdon Store went through no problem and I also got the free polish but Chronos said earlier this has now stopped.
Surely halfrauds must see that not having a consistent policy just P*ss*s off their customers!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apart from Halfords not being reliable, I can recommend the battery, direct fit with no issues a great upgrade over the OEM with a 5 year warranty that's a lot better than the 12 months you get with fOptima yellow top

1 - 13 of 13 Posts