GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just plugged in my new Power FC and now the engine check light is coming on.When i put my key in the ignition and turn on ( engine not running at this point ) the engine light flashes off and back on again ( once only ). When the key it turned and the car is running it a solid light with no flashing. I have a commander but not sure if this can tell me what the light is for.Someone care to tell me what the problem is as this hasnt happened before.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check

A hotdog...:rolleyes: Its the check light next to the seatbelt warning light withn "CHECK" written on it.....:D

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Airflow meters..

Not sure as its a brand new unit, would have thought it would be set for normal airflow meters...How do i check this out? This is the first time using the hand commander so i have a clue...

Car idles ok, sitting around 925rpm--would it idle ok if its looking for a different airflow meter?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
markyboy.1967 said:
Not sure as its a brand new unit, would have thought it would be set for normal airflow meters...How do i check this out? This is the first time using the hand commander so i have a clue...

Car idles ok, sitting around 925rpm--would it idle ok if its looking for a different airflow meter?
Ok

The pfc comes with a base map for the car

Is this pfc specifically for your type of car....r32/33/34 gtr,gts,gtt ????

If you have a car that has been modded in anyway the base map is no good

It will start the car, and maybe run..like a dogs dinner

But will need to be mapped by a professional

Otherwise you may do serious damage to your engine, be careful

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Warning light

The Power FC is the correct one for the car--R33 GTR.I have minor mods-
HKS Priest exhaust
HKS downpipes
Decat
Profec BII boost controller
HKS plugs
HKS filters
Standard turbo`s--for now...:rolleyes:

Im thinking the warning light could be to warn me of a sensor etc out on the car....Car will be mapped by RB in the coming weeks but i wont drive it hard until then.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
markyboy.1967 said:
The Power FC is the correct one for the car--R33 GTR.I have minor mods-
HKS Priest exhaust
HKS downpipes
Decat
Profec BII boost controller
HKS plugs
HKS filters
Standard turbo`s--for now...:rolleyes:

Im thinking the warning light could be to warn me of a sensor etc out on the car....Car will be mapped by RB in the coming weeks but i wont drive it hard until then.
should be ok on the base map

but only for limping around

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Power FC

So is there a way to monitor sensors etc through the PFC and controller.Why would the check light stay illuminated when it never ever did anything like this with the Mines unit i had before? Im thinking its something i have done--wouldnt be like me...:D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
markyboy.1967 said:
So is there a way to monitor sensors etc through the PFC and controller.Why would the check light stay illuminated when it never ever did anything like this with the Mines unit i had before? Im thinking its something i have done--wouldnt be like me...:D
My advice to you would be to put the mines ecu back in

And when you get the car re-mapped put the pfc in

It only takes minutes, and seems the solution here

Then you can still use your car ;)

Oh and the pfc will monitor upto 10 items on the commander at once!

Great kit for the money

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ecu

Not an option im afraid as i sold the Mines ecu a week or two ago...arrrggghh

·
Registered
78 Posts
The light is on as you more than likely have a boost controller and its looking for the standard solenoid. Go to etc and then swap the boost control kit to the opposite of what it is now (its in Japanese) and this will more than likely put the light out.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
markyboy.1967 said:
Not an option im afraid as i sold the Mines ecu a week or two ago...arrrggghh
If you had a mines ecu in the car

Then I would have thought maybe your injectors and other items may have been changed

Which would lead to a running issue

Are you in the AA or one of the others??????

Breakdown :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just on the day you are due to have your car re-mapped(very early in the morning of course)

Get them to take you to the tuner of your choice

Problem sorted, I just got back from Abbey

Thanks to the AA for getting me there :D

Make sure you are booked in to the tuner first though

And if like me, you will wait 3hrs for a truck :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Standard Injectors are yellow so that ones easy to spot. Most of the Mines VX's that I see are stage one ECU's with standard injectors. Most do seem to have a fuel pump though when fitted with a Mines in Japan.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fixed

Speedy Skyline--you the man...;) Its purring like a kitten again with no engine check light--how happy am i?

Will the ecu self learn the boost and the way it comes in and adjust to the best settings?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last question

What revs should i try to stick to until the car gets mapped by RB?Remembering its on a base map just now and RB are 4hrs from me....:p

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Nope Mark

The light was on as the PFC was looking for the boost control kit that was not present when you fitted the PFC ... its a very common fault with new users.

If you do not have the PFC boost control kit the turbos will run stock boost on the actuators as you have no boost control at this point.

If you still have the (cant remember was it blitz) boost controller fitted you can use that to raise/lower the boost level.

The PFC will just see the increase in manifold pressre and fuel/time the engine accordingly but will have no control over what the boost is set at without the PFC boost control kit.

As mentioned its on an ok map just now but its not tailored for anything over standard boost, just take your time till you get to RBs :)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
markyboy.1967 said:
What revs should i try to stick to until the car gets mapped by RB?Remembering its on a base map just now and RB are 4hrs from me....:p

You dont need to stick to any fixed revs, just to kick its hole in on the way down, try and keep the boost below .8 and you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Garage

Hi m8, im running the Profec BII with low set at 0.8bar and high at 1 bar, will put her on low until its mapped then.Im not one for kicking its a-hole in anyway m8--you know that...Dread to think what RB will be doing to her in my absence....

RB said i would more than likely need a FPR--why would this be and what 1 is reccomended?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
The stock FPR has been known to split the diaphram after 1bar pressure (alledgedly never happend to me) and also this will let rod increase the base fuel pressure slightly for better fuel control in higher revs.

Dont forget the equation that fuel pressure into the manifold must overide pressure in the manifold ... so as your boost level increases so must the pressure of the fuel injecting into that pressure.

Pretty much any of the mainstream FPS will do the job, RB will carry the greddy and other in stock I would imagine, best speak to them and see what they feel happiest with useing.

I will speak to the boys at RB and ask them to make sure he gives yours a "special decoke" knowing that it hasnt passed 80mph for quite a while now :p :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts