GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
VFM tyres.

I've found that the Falken FK-451's are excellent Value For Money and their performance is not bad either.

Paul.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My 451s were £70 each for 225/35/18s , but I'd think they would be about the same price for the wider skyline fitment

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I've been ringing around for tyres today but am having real trouble with Falken 451s in the size I want - 275/35/18. Does anyone know a good place to get them?

john

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Fuggles said:
I've been ringing around for tyres today but am having real trouble with Falken 451s in the size I want - 275/35/18. Does anyone know a good place to get them?

john
Check out http://www.mytyres.net/

Example quote:

Performance Tyres Direct - Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2 265/35R18 = £181 each, total price £724 WITHOUT VAT (and maybe delivery charges?)

MyTyres.net - Goodyear EAGLE F1 GSD-3 265/35 R18 ZR XL (So) = £165.80 each, total price £663.20 INCLUDING VAT AND P&P.

The latter ones are GSD-3 too, the newest spec.

I'll be buying my rubber from them when my rims arrive...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Durzel,

They don't seem to sell Falkens :(

Paul.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Toyo's did well in EVO tyre test last month.
Came 3rd to Goodyear and Continental, but at a fraction of the price.:eek:
Also won the wet breaking test, which is nice to know they are safe.:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
i prefer the Potenza SO-3 although right now i'm using RE771. i dunno whats the best tyre out there but i do know one thing for sure, Pirellis are shits!!! they generate a lot of noise, the tyre dont grip and worst it wear's out twice faster than any goodyears. michelins? last long but not outstanding. goodyears? cheap, nice grip, got good name name (if you're into that sort of thing). dunlops? only if they were made in germany, if your see the one that says "made in thailand"? avoid it like a plague.....
falkens? cheap... cheap.... cheap... it what the guys over here buys when they cant afford continentals, michelins, or bridgestones...

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Avoid the SO3s. Just like the SO2s they tramline like crazy.

You might want to try Chessington Tyres (they have outlets all over - not just Chessington). They have a policy of beating any tyre price.

John

1 - 20 of 26 Posts