GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question about the powerfc:
I heard that after installing the powerfc and getting a tune, the powerfc still causes idle problems (rough idle, car boggs down, etc), plus the car has a cranks for a while before it starts up. Is this a myth or is it true?
Also can you map the pfc to factory stock settings for normal driving (as if the pfc is the stock/normal ecu), and have another map for spirted driving?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I think there myth's, the powerFc is good for things like that there are other ecu's that are probally much worse for those sort of things

you can only have 1 map

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
R32Ninja said:
quick question about the powerfc:
I heard that after installing the powerfc and getting a tune, the powerfc still causes idle problems (rough idle, car boggs down, etc), plus the car has a cranks for a while before it starts up. Is this a myth or is it true?
Also can you map the pfc to factory stock settings for normal driving (as if the pfc is the stock/normal ecu), and have another map for spirted driving?
well, for the ten days I had my car before the engine blew, I was amazed at how smoothly the car idled, plus how it fired up instantaneously. I mean, like split second startup. I'm hoping the replacement (with the same map) is just as good, but I'm certain that it can be mapped to run very well.

What you describe is what I think of when I think of a car with BOV that vent to atmosphere - all kinds of vacuum problems in trade for that "whoosh" sound.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
You don't need two maps though.

If you map the car at say 1bar boost, it will use certain load cells for it's calculations, then when mapping at say 1.2bar boost it will be in different load cells.

The Load cell is determined by engine rpm / AFM & TPS voltage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts