GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just had MPSS'S fitted to my MY11, I had stock Dunlops on prior and since I've fitted the MPSS's I've noticed that my car sits a tad lower because as I reversed my car into my garage which has a slight lip as you enter it, the car rubbed slightly underneath as where my previous tyres never gave me this issue. The size I've fitted is 275/35/20 102y xl on the front and 305/30/20 103y xl on the rears I take it this is the correct sizes, so has anyone else noticed that there car sits a tad lower

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Yes, the MPSS do lower the car very slightly, as the sidewall is less. Which pressures are you running?

·
Registered
522 Posts
They are the correct sizes. As Tin says,the overall rolling radius is slightly less than stock sizes. Just be carefull when approaching speed humps etc!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi guys just had MPSS'S fitted to my MY11, I had stock Dunlops on prior and since I've fitted the MPSS's I've noticed that my car sits a tad lower because as I reversed my car into my garage which has a slight lip as you enter it, the car rubbed slightly underneath as where my previous tyres never gave me this issue. The size I've fitted is 275/35/20 102y xl on the front and 305/30/20 103y xl on the rears I take it this is the correct sizes, so has anyone else noticed that there car sits a tad lower
Yes you are correct you have the correct sizes You'll also find that it's lowered the gearing as well, car revs higher for a given speed, something else I dislike about changing to MPSS.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after you get used to them. Great in the wet, unnerving in the dry at high speed.

Satan

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just had them fitted this evening and the chap only put 30psi in them according to cars tyre pressure monitor system, but gunna increase it to 32-33 psi tomorrow, is that the correct pressures. Car drove a lot nicer and felt much nicer on slow moving full lock. I didn't notice any difference in the revs holding to be honest but I'll check it tomorrow

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Litcho recommend 30psi when cold, but I prefer 32psi cold and 34psi when warm/hot, then tend to get abit bouncy if higher.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Guys

Excuse my Blondiness but what does MPSS stand for? I'd guess ing Michelin Pilot Super-Sport???? Also if I am correct are these not run flats?

Thanks guys
Louie

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ah ha good...I shall remove the Blondiness than!!:D

GTR I've bought has just had the same fitted only 200 miles ago:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just need to get the car now:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers
Louie

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Michelins have a reputation of being long lasting, and it remains true with the MPSS. Mine lasted nearly twice as long as the Dunlop runflats, but beware, to achieve that longevity the compound has to be hard, and when they're down to 2.5mm they become a real handful on damp roads.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So over all would you guys say it's one of the best the best tyres for the car then or not

·
Registered
540 Posts
So over all would you guys say it's one of the best the best tyres for the car then or not
I have run MPS on other cars I have owned and always found them to be superior to other high end brands, however will be interesting to see how they fair up on the GTR....Once I get my car of course :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
On the road, yes.

The MPSS's all round ability to deal with lumps, bumps and wet weather is good.
There is some trade off in high speed dry grip, but lets be honest... how often do you drive a GT-R flat out on the road?
I think for the price they are the best road tyre for a GT-R.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I was thinking to go for MPSS for my next tire...
But why don't you just use the OEM size? (MPSS is available in those sizes...)

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From what I've been advised the drives and handles better with the 275-305 combo better grip off the line

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
From what I've been advised the drives and handles better with the 275-305 combo better grip off the line
less tail twitching as well

·
Registered
723 Posts
OK, I understand this (better grip with wider tire), but it means that MPSS has significantly less grip than Bridgestone/Dunlop, if it needs to be so much wider to stay on the performance of the OEM size Bridgies/Dunlops....
So, if I stay on the OEM size with MPSS, I would have significantly less grip then now?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I believe the 255 front MPSS will lead to more understeer.
Which is why the 275 front are suggested.

I guess it depends how hard you push the car...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts