GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new exhaust for my R33 GTR, currently it has a powerflow 4.5 inch system, but its blowing and I want something that is quieter without compromising performance too much, the Powerflow systems are not my favourite anyway as they seem a bit cheap and are way too loud. I have seen HKS silent hi power systems advertised, I just want some opinions on a good system which is a bit quieter at low revs but gives decent performance when I rev it hard.

·
Registered
418 Posts
if you will have a look at kingsleys car and find a comparison between that HKS silent hi power and Nür spec R, it was only a slight diffrence

Kingsley's Skyline R33 GTR

"While the car was in, as they had promised Abbey tried an HKS Silent Hyper exhaust in place of the Blitz NUR to see what difference it made. I had already been in another Skyline GTR with a Silent Hyper and found the noise levels fine.

With the new cams and exhaust, the car was making about 383 bhp at the hubs. With the new cams but the Blitz NUR with the plug in, it was not much better than before. However, with the plug out, the Blitz made 20ftlb more torque and 5bhp more power than the Silent Hyper. However, I had already decided that the Blitz wasn't going to be used with the plug out so I decided to switch to the Hyper.

I asked Abbey to try the Hyper with a decat pipe on. After some further remapping, power was up to 403bhp at the hubs.
"

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Nismo Weldina. Really quiet system but not at all restrictive - I made 356bhp with just that system, twin airfilters and a MINE'S chip.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
my exhaust will be coming off in a few weeks its very quiet i will get the make for you when i get home i cant remember how to spell it! only changing as its too quiet for me so prob up your alley and only has the single back box

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I believe Japspeed do a silenced de-cat which apparently makes a huge difference to noise levels.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have the HKS Hi Power Silent on mine and its very conservative below about 3-4k rpm. After that it howls. :chuckle:

·
Registered
25,659 Posts
nismo weldina is very quiet , can get one easily

the hi power silent like cook has is also very good (and alot cheaper)

pm me if you need any help obtaining either

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
matty i have a hks priest with a centre box and a de-cat box, car still makes 102 @ 4000 rpm, to much for track use this year was thinking of selling and having a twin 2" system with twin entry exit centre box and twin tail boxes, the biggest i could get in. question my cars an rb30 with agt4094r, goes into a 4" downpipe all the way to the de-cat. what jap ones would be the quietest ones.. or should i make one as i would be wasting my time.b4 this one i had a gd sus vertex,that was louder than the priest.. bernie

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
silent all the time mate.do alot of motorway miles going to trackdays.
the priest isnt a loud exhaust though....lol on a rb30 it is..

124 @ 6000rpm which is the new track rpm test level

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a 4" made for the car and experimented with how many boxes it need to bring the noise down track level. The straight through Kakimoto used to give me brain drone and put out 147db at 4000rpm. I ended up with three free flowing silencers to bring it down to track friendly, not sure how long it will last as they do get louder over time.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just bought an R32 off Newera that has a Nismo Weldina on it,
glad it's gonna be quieter than the Blitz NUR on my S13.
Been driving me nuts!:runaway:

·
Registered
854 Posts
you want my fujitsubo that i had for sale on here a while back.!!
come to think of it, i still have it. nice full stainless twin box, sounds just what youre after!!!!!

its for an r32 but its the same shape as the 33, just needs a modification to 1 rear hanger to fit!!!!!!

and its not more than 20 miles from you!!!!

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/116753-fujitsubo-exhaust.html

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
thats a nice system , but its the same as my hks priest, i have a decat pipe, a small cherry bomb, a large middle box and a massive rear box, the 30,s make a lot more mid range noise than the 26,s. i am going to go twin 2.5 or 3" system with two round silencers where the de-cat is, then two more b4 the diff and either one large twin entry/twin exit rear box or two more round silencers side by side. i need to get to 95db at 6000rpm really, so six boxes hopefully will do it, but keep some flow..track days this year are going to be hard on the big power guys..bernie

p.s imagine the apexi dual system but with more large bore silencers..

·
Registered
25,659 Posts
il check and see what the super silent types are around

sorry for late reply

been emptying a container today full of GT-R parts

·
Registered
25,659 Posts
you dont want much do you lol

i think what you have is about as good as your going to get

most are single exit types