GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wanted to know if you guys can help or have had a similar issue. I’ve had the car for almost a year (65 plate) this issue started 1 day after taking it to litchfield for a major service.! When driving normal nothing happens but when I push the car I’m getting some sort of a lag as if something is holding the power down and letting go all of a sudden, and sometimes I do get my ESP light coming on, bare in mind this only happens once when pushed.

I have called litchfield explaining the situation to them, they said it might be the map however they’re not sure until the see the car, so I have made an appointment for them to check this out.

As the the car was mapped by SVM I thought I should give them a call also and see what they think, so took it in and the nice chap took it for a drive and said it looks like the fault is my 4 wheel drive system.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

thank you so much in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is it a cobb map from SVM? My Cobb bogged down like a sod, soubds just like yours.
Did they not elaborate on the fault? Its a pretty wide description :ROFLMAO:.

Boost readings and temps all ok on the dash?

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's not the bug (feature?) where it cuts power going downhill under hard acceleration?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
What size tyres does it have on it?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Turn tc off and see if it still cuts power

Reactions: RichardGWhite

·
Registered
74 Posts
You mean the normal traction control setting?
It's something that can happen under hard acceleration going down hill. It's not breaking traction but it still applies the traction control and pulls power.

There was some discussion on what causes this in other threads but no one seems sure what it is (maybe the cause is known now and I missed it) but it can be frustrating.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
It's something that can happen under hard acceleration going down hill. It's not breaking traction but it still applies the traction control and pulls power.

There was some discussion on what causes this in other threads but no one seems sure what it is (maybe the cause is known now and I missed it) but it can be frustrating.

No error, going downhill the rear axle unloads reducing traction, and the TC does its normal job. To prove it just do what dudersvr suggests and switch TC off and you’ll soon find out!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it a cobb map from SVM? My Cobb bogged down like a sod, soubds just like yours.
Did they not elaborate on the fault? Its a pretty wide description :ROFLMAO:.

Boost readings and temps all ok on the dash?
the car was mapped by the previous owner so I’m guessing it’s the cobb map.! They said they need to strip it down to see what the fault is.!

Boost reading and temps are all goodz

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Might be your tyres. I switched to Cup2s 265/305s and it stopped happening. I'm on Cobb too. I don't rate the MPSS or MPS4s at all but I know I'm probably in a minority. Just don't like the squirming/lack of outright grip and bounciness. I keep being told to switch to Ecutek but judging by the crap quarter mile times I see posted on CarWow etc I don't think I'll bother. I wonder if your Cobb tune will be deemed the cause though.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Might be your tyres. I switched to Cup2s 265/305s and it stopped happening. I'm on Cobb too. I don't rate the MPSS or MPS4s at all but I know I'm probably in a minority. Just don't like the squirming/lack of outright grip and bounciness. I keep being told to switch to Ecutek but judging by the crap quarter mile times I see posted on CarWow etc I don't think I'll bother. I wonder if your Cobb tune will be deemed the cause though.....
I have had the same tyres on for about 8 months now, this problem has only started 2 weeks ago.!

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Hopefully you'll get it sorted out alright. Doesn't seem then like the tyres or the tune if it's a fairly recent change in behaviour (the tunes don't just change themselves etc). Fingers crossed nothing serious. Keep us posted (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts