GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
<snip> only one question (no offence intended) if you intend to keep it street, then why so much power?
Certainly no offence taken, and it's a very good question - but in fairness you'd have to ask the same question of every owner of the likes of Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo etc - indeed of almost any modern sports saloon car - one could argue that anything above (pick a number!) 100bhp is unnecessary on the street.

I can only offer one answer as to why I've gone for so much power - because I want to and I can! Also got two powerful and fairly fast motorcycles - you wouldn't believe how many times I've been asked "What on earth do you want those for?" I smile and think to myself that if they need to ask the question then they probably won't understand the answer!

Life is good, especially when compared with the alternative :chuckle:

·
Registered
178 Posts
robin if you ever see a white e46 bmw with a black roof in wycombe flashing at you before you zoom off its me ;) ill just wait at hazlemere crossroads for you to come back wanting to munch on some v power haha

seriously awesome car and fair play to you for doing it! i know i would and i plan to in the future when funds allow!

are you staying in the bucks area or escaping? haha

EDIT

just seen the denham bit!! even closer! haha, i work on my days off in chalfont st peter at my friends bodyshop, you ever need a detailer let me know as he is amazing. if youre in the neighbourhood pop over would be good to see the beast!
I'll keep my eyes open for you. Still in Denham, lodgings whilst my house purchase finalises, then off to south Lincolnshire - but I'll be taking Borg to lots of events, not least the Ace - often there with one of the bikes.

Any other local events/meets - anyone?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Good stuff once again and glad you all popped over on our local site to hello. The guys are in awwwww at the work. Keep at it and can't wait to see what's next for the Borg and whatever else you have in store.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Certainly no offence taken, and it's a very good question - but in fairness you'd have to ask the same question of every owner of the likes of Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo etc - indeed of almost any modern sports saloon car - one could argue that anything above (pick a number!) 100bhp is unnecessary on the street.

I can only offer one answer as to why I've gone for so much power - because I want to and I can! Also got two powerful and fairly fast motorcycles - you wouldn't believe how many times I've been asked "What on earth do you want those for?" I smile and think to myself that if they need to ask the question then they probably won't understand the answer!

Life is good, especially when compared with the alternative :chuckle:

very good awnser robin, i was just asking is all. i have a fair old mount of power in my 33 too and i understand why i have done it, horses for courses i suppose, i can appreciate having loads of power and its good to know its there should you need to spank something exotic.
i was just asking robin ;)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I'll keep my eyes open for you. Still in Denham, lodgings whilst my house purchase finalises, then off to south Lincolnshire - but I'll be taking Borg to lots of events, not least the Ace - often there with one of the bikes.

Any other local events/meets - anyone?

a few of us go to a meet at the ace called incarnation with a local website called fueltopia.

am at the bodyshop tomorrow, will have to make do playing with the mustang and monaro instead of a gtr :( :( haha

south lincolnshire?!?!?! you had to move when the borg comes back! haha

typical! ;)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Sorry to bump up a old thread and i did a quick search, i may be missing something......

but, is the borg back in the uk yet?
Robin if you do have it back in the uk, i sure hope you are enjoying it.
i just went through the build thread again and boy i love this car, id love my 33 to look and go that good....................

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The car is still here as Robin has asked that we do more final cosmetic touches to it and he was in no hurry to get it back because of the UK winter.

Its been under a car cover since Hampton downs and we'll get the borg out soon, do the last few jobs and send him on his way.

NZ Performance car are featuring it in the next issue due out in a couple of weeks, I'll scan it and post it on here.

Rob.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Repatriation

All work complete - Borg is coming home - shipping arrangements being finalised - UK road insurance sorted (very good deal from REIS).

So - who is interested in seeing the beast in the flesh? Cummon, you know you want to - resistance is futile!

Details of time and place will follow once shipping date is confirmed. Keep a watch on this thread.

Weekend shopping will never be the same - Tescos car park managers, be warned :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
All work complete - Borg is coming home - shipping arrangements being finalised - UK road insurance sorted (very good deal from REIS).

So - who is interested in seeing the beast in the flesh? Cummon, you know you want to - resistance is futile!

Details of time and place will follow once shipping date is confirmed. Keep a watch on this thread.

Weekend shopping will never be the same - Tescos car park managers, be warned :D
:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

you are a lucky guy :clap:

·
Registered
2,852 Posts

hell yes! keep us updated on when/where you plan to show the borg off :clap: gettin my own car mapped very soon - its not as crazy as this but gone for top mount turbo and shooting for 500 so in a gtst that should be amusing/scary/daft.. as you say up above in earlier posts - anything 100bhp+ on the road is pointless in reality but it is a hoot having that grunt and worth the chase! :runaway:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I can only offer one answer as to why I've gone for so much power - because I want to and I can!...how many times I've been asked "What on earth do you want those for?" I smile and think to myself that if they need to ask the question then they probably won't understand the answer!
This is by far the best definition of petrolhead-ism :D :clap::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
You don't live to far away.. I'm soooo going to come over to your house just too look at your car :D

·
Registered
178 Posts

Is the part of the specs really signed by Robbie Ward or is it just printed on it?
It's Robbie's real signature - he signed the alloy cover, then had a clear self-adhesive print made with the spec details on it, leaving a clear area to cover his signature.

It's the real thing mate!

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)

:bawling::bawling::wavey::wavey:

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Purely out of interest, with the R34 box, what would the top speed of the Borg be.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts