GTR Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
What gearbox does it have in it now?
Stock used R34 6 speed we picked up in a hurry so we could run at Hamtom downs circuit.

We split the ppg box at the drags the weekend before.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
By camera position this picture suggests what a convertible R33 GTR might have looked like! Hmm... my next project...? :)
Here we go again!!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
the best car i have ever been in,words fail me:bowdown1:

the power is mind bending & the owner is a gentleman:thumbsup:
I bet that was on low boost too. Its got the 250 of gas up its sleeve too. It sure is a beast. Robins a great guy too. Had heaps of fun while he was in NZ

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Good to get feedback from people use to 26s, Robins a great guy and he has a real sleeper on his hands aye :thumbsup:

You would have been in it on normal pump gas, low boost and no NOS, so a mid 10 ride, its easily a 9.7 to 9.8 with a flick of a switch and an open bottle still on normal pump gas.

Rob

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
the best car i have ever been in,words fail me:bowdown1:

LOL, and the next morning you got to ride in mine that was trying to kill us !

Anyway, was a privileged locking my car up to the BORG for the night (for thos that dont know, mine and Robins 'Borg' spent a night in a car park with a chain locking both cars together ! ) .

The Borg really is a work of art.

And as above, Robin is a true gent.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Professor Matt, RB30R34, MattySupra & RIPS - thank you all for your very kind and unexpected words - I'm proud to know you all. There's no doubt I have the most incredible car - and all down to Rob, Jason and the team at RIPS.

My biggest problem so far has been not letting my desire to show him off outweigh my limited ability to drive him - I only have to think about accelerating and he's already ahead of me - I weed all over an M5 a couple of weeks ago - in the nicest possible way of course - after I'd shattered his windscreen with Borg's exhaust note I let him go past - he came alongside, smiled and gave a big thumbs up - now that's a gentleman!!! And as Rob said, there's high boost and nos still to go:chuckle: How much longer will I have a licence:banned:

Winter is drawing ever closer, and I have a little bit of fettling to do on Borg - the turbo cooked its own coolant hose so I've had a new one made - teflon with braided steel sheathing. Once I can get an hour off work I'll put it on and then get Borg stored for winter - can't be exposing him to British salt, and I'm betting that's only a matter of days away now :mad:

Hope to see you all again soon - meanwhile have fun!

Robin

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Professor Matt, RB30R34, MattySupra & RIPS - thank you all for your very kind and unexpected words - I'm proud to know you all. There's no doubt I have the most incredible car - and all down to Rob, Jason and the team at RIPS.

My biggest problem so far has been not letting my desire to show him off outweigh my limited ability to drive him - I only have to think about accelerating and he's already ahead of me - I weed all over an M5 a couple of weeks ago - in the nicest possible way of course - after I'd shattered his windscreen with Borg's exhaust note I let him go past - he came alongside, smiled and gave a big thumbs up - now that's a gentleman!!! And as Rob said, there's high boost and nos still to go:chuckle: How much longer will I have a licence:banned:

Winter is drawing ever closer, and I have a little bit of fettling to do on Borg - the turbo cooked its own coolant hose so I've had a new one made - teflon with braided steel sheathing. Once I can get an hour off work I'll put it on and then get Borg stored for winter - can't be exposing him to British salt, and I'm betting that's only a matter of days away now :mad:

Hope to see you all again soon - meanwhile have fun!

Robin

Yes mate, dont get using the car with any salt on the roads. Mine is already tucked up in a heated garage. My Mrs is not best pleased that the garage is warmer than the house LOL.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts