GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have done it good and proper this time.

Left Santa Pod after the HKS Series, got onto the A45 and hit the lorry ruts in the road, that sent the trailer viciously to one side and started a major fish tail. The road is down hill and the fish was growing, it was massive and I knew I dare not brake. Suddenly in kicked the 'do what everyone says and accelerate', so I did!!

The fish grew and grew and grew, I still dare not brake, I was well and truly in the shit. Then traction was completely gone and the trailer was leaving big black marks from one side of the road to the other until it suddenly just turned me sideways and smashed into the central barrier throwing the Drag-R off the front right hand corner of the trailer. Luckily my Stagea was so far left at this point it missed me and landed on it's wheels up against the armco.

No one was hurt, the trailer is written off the Drag R is battered and the Stagea is bashed in on one corner. :puke:

Anyone got a few grand they don't want???

F**K !!!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Gutted for you mate
Truly

As the saying always goes Its only metal and can be repaired just glad you are ok and will be living to fight another day

Jay

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really hope you are joking?
I wish I was Asim..............

Gutted for you mate
Truly

As the saying always goes Its only metal and can be repaired just glad you are ok and will be living to fight another day

Jay
Thanks Jay. Thats how I am trying to see it...........not easy right now..........

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very bad luck....just how bad does the damage seem to the Drag R?
Main thing is your ok & no one got hurt!
I won't know for a few days. It's been taken to a secure compound for now until I can find someone to fix it and make it like new again. I would guess mainly panel damage, front wings, front and rear bumpers, splitter, intercooler, door?, but one rear wheel looks like it is at the wrong angle???

Will update when I know more.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
absolutely gutted for you Jeff.

:bawling:

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
F**ks sake!!!

Sad reading.
Sincerely hope it is "just" cosmetic damage.

At least no other cars involved.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Really sorry to hear that man, that really sucks :( Glad to hear you are well and I hope it all goes on to live another day!

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
Absolutely gutted for you Jeff.

Not quite sure how, but if I can help in any way, let me know.

Matt.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Gah, sorry to hear.
BAd buzz.
My mate did the same thing with a formular atlantic in the states years ago , like crashed the tow car and biffed the championship leading car off ...
Not good.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
omg seriously gutted for you mate.

i hope that it was insured? or least the insurance on your stagea covered it?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Jeff,thats really sad news,seeing all the work/money going in the car,shipping it half worund the world and then damaging it on the trailer when going home:runaway:

Hope it just looks bad and is only a smaller damage.

Alex

·
6,817 Posts
Really sorry to hear this I hope it's all repairable and nobody got hurt.
Glad nobody got hurt, this accidents can go very badly . . . . keep faith and change your focus on other things for a while until all the desaster is left behind.:)

1 - 20 of 123 Posts