GTR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Why's that mate?? Was there a RT and 60ft challenge on the next day and you thought the old truck would have a better shot at it? :smokin:

P.S is there any way the mods can add a new 'smile' that indictaes a freindly wind up?? I'm sure Mick wasn't intentionally trying to look like he was making Jeff feel like he'd made a bad choice of truck :confused:
No not having a go at all at Jeff.

Its true though last year at totb we drove to the pod ran a 9 again and the truck was fooked. So drove the Lemon home. And left the truck there never seen it since :chairshot:p:p:p:p:p

Mick

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Why's that mate?? Was there a RT and 60ft challenge on the next day and you thought the old truck would have a better shot at it? :smokin:

P.S is there any way the mods can add a new 'smile' that indictaes a freindly wind up?? I'm sure Mick wasn't intentionally trying to look like he was making Jeff feel like he'd made a bad choice of truck :confused:

lol Rob you should have seen Mick's old truck. Guaranteed first corner out of the yard after it had been sat for a while, would see 40 liters of water piss out from the roof lining all over the passenger seat. Smoked like a good un 1st 3rd and 5th :chuckle: thats right no 2nd 4th or 6th

Smokey :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Give me a shout on msn jeff, i have a plan!

Rob

·
Registered
751 Posts
No more trailers for me!!

Meet the new member of the team..............

nice 1, that should be spot on for the job.
some nice long ramps, few various sized bits of plank, and a couple of good ratchet straps, you'll be fine.

may seem a silly question, how long have you had your car licence.
iirc, the law changed at the end of the 90's, regarding what you can and can't automatically drive on a car licence.

if you struggle with the straps, let me know, i may be able too get a couple.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Jeff, i`ve only just seen the post, absolutely gutted for you mate, hope you can get the car sorted soon.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Hello peeps from sunny Africa, it must have been in the 40's today!

Arrived on the scene prior to Malcolm to check most importantly that Jeff was OK. I can actually verify that the car looked a lot worse than it does in the picture, Jeff most have photo shopped it! All that front part was ripped (pardon the expression) off the front of the car. Both wings, particularly offside, seriously wrinkled, both doors 'restructured' and the rear looked like someone had taken a hammer to it. Roof was OK though!. So I'm not sure what your engineer was looking at Jeff!

Jeff was philosophical about it, and a brief check confirmed all the important bits seemed OK, apart from the I/C it appeared to be cosmetic damage. Although I did recommend Jeff get the chassis checked as the backend did look out of line.

DaveG

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Hello peeps from sunny Africa, it must have been in the 40's today!

Arrived on the scene prior to Malcolm to check most importantly that Jeff was OK. I can actually verify that the car looked a lot worse than it does in the picture, Jeff most have photo shopped it! All that front part was ripped (pardon the expression) off the front of the car. Both wings, particularly offside, seriously wrinkled, both doors 'restructured' and the rear looked like someone had taken a hammer to it. Roof was OK though!. So I'm not sure what your engineer was looking at Jeff!

Jeff was philosophical about it, and a brief check confirmed all the important bits seemed OK, apart from the I/C it appeared to be cosmetic damage. Although I did recommend Jeff get the chassis checked as the backend did look out of line.

DaveG

Not sure what car you were looking at Dave????

O/S wing bent N/S fine. O/S door marked N/S untouched. Rear end of the car completely untouched except N/S bumper popped off at N/S wing. Me Photoshop my accident pics?? Are you serious???????

Looked a lot worse that it does in the picture?? What am I a panel beater??

Yes by the time you arrived we had removed the front bumper to make it easier to move and load on a recovery vehicle. Chassis is not bent??????

I think my engineer was looking at it with a trained eye!! What were you using??

Sober up mate. lol.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Jeff, i`ve only just seen the post, absolutely gutted for you mate, hope you can get the car sorted soon.
ASAP mate

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
By the way .....anyone got a standard front bumper and splitter going spare?? And an offside front headlight??

Thank you kind people for the parts that have been offered.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Jeff,

I have a pair of R34 doors that you can have for a reasonable price, not sure what they are worth, but you can let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

Hugh

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Jeff,

I have a pair of R34 doors that you can have for a reasonable price, not sure what they are worth, but you can let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

Hugh
pm sent Hugh

Jeff

·
Registered
897 Posts
I hope you'd find it equally amusing if your wife slept with:

It was just one of those situations that was hard to resist.. no harm intended.

If you look at my comment earlier you will see I was sad to see what had happend to the car and wish Ludders gets it back up and running.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
By the way .....anyone got a standard front bumper and splitter going spare?? And an offside front headlight??

Thank you kind people for the parts that have been offered.

Jeff

There is a perfect standard bayside blue front bumper at GTaRt have a word with Gary

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Quick update

Just a quick update. Everything is going nicely but I really need to find both front headlights and all the fixings. I broke both!! Can anyone help??

Jeff

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Just a quick update. Everything is going nicely but I really need to find both front headlights and all the fixings. I broke both!! Can anyone help??

Jeff

Jeff.

I was speaking to Keith Cowie today he said Rod @ RB Motorsport has some R34 lights in stock. Worth a shot dude.

Mick

101 - 120 of 123 Posts