GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F**k, Bo**ox, S**te

Well after tonight theres one less R32 on the road. Just spun hit a tree and spun again into a wall...
The cars a in a bit of a state to say the least, just wondering if anyone had any advice on what options ive got with regards to insurance. There was no one else involved, not over the limit, police just filled out an accident report but weren't concerned with regards to the incident.
My problem is that my insurance wouldn't protect my 4 years no claims and the tops they would insure the car for was 10k. I was paying 2k a year as it was and there is no way i'm gonna pay more than that.

Any help would be great

Luke

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Oh no

YOU TIT.

I FEELS LIKE SOMEONE HAS JUST RIPPED OUT YOUR HEART AND STAMPED ON IT WHEN YOU REALISE WHAT YOUVE DONE.

IVE BEEN THERE AND DONE IT, I FEEL FOR YOU MATE, SORRY TO HEAR IT, IS IT THAT BAD?

ONE GOOD THING COMES FROM THIS, AT LEAST YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WHOM MADE THAT TURBO NOW:(

I FEEL FOR YOU, GIVE ME A BELL ON THE MOBY:)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
LUKE
IM REALLY SORRY TO HEAR THAT

TONY :(

ps: AS LONG AS YOUR ALRIGHT THATS WAT MATTERS THE MOST.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Luke,

I really feel for you - sorry about the demise. With all the work you've been doing on the car of late I guess you'll be able to recruit some of the cash; then back to the drawing board.

Give me a call and I'll see if I can't console you over a beer or four.

Sorry mate
John

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
God Damn,
Sorry to here of your news Luke.
As long as your OK mate, its just too easy for us mortals to
get injured in the smallest of off's, you should be thankful.

I have been interested in seeing this Veilside car of your.:(

Anything worth salvaging off of it for extra cash?

I'm a bit glad I got grill yesturday when renewing my insurance, comming clean, admitting all the mods and points. Cost me another 400 quid on top!

Fingers crossed they will pay up for you, and you can get 'lining again.;)

·
Registered
905 Posts
If you can afford it Luke, Dont claim.....

Yes I know this makes your heart sink tooo, but if you want another GTR then at least you'll be able to afford the insurance.

I span my 200sx on some ice and trashed the nearside wishbones, like a tool I claimed, and my insurance became ridiculous, AND I had protected no claims, which in my opinion is the biggest con in the world.

If I were you I'de put the car in the garage and break it for parts, engine etc, put that money toward a loan, and buy another one, and remember this for the rest of your life, that is what I did and it is suprising how many of those risky situations you just dont get yourself into.

Is the Engine OK, what about the bonnet, front grill, bumbers doors, interior, Ide be interested in some stuff of you...

The best thing is that no one was hurt, money is disposable, Life aint.

Si:D

Sorry if it comes across funny, not meant to b

·
Registered
312 Posts
My Best Wishes!

Luke,

I too would just like to add that as long as you are o.k, the car can be replaced however sad it may seem now..

Like Scott has said if the car is beyond repair and you want rid of some parts please let me know, as i am always on the look-out for bits etc...

Best Wishes

Stu

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Sh*t

Sorry to hear that mate, :eek:
I was only admiring the car the other day, glad you are OK though, if you can reclaim any cost through salvage it probably would be better than going through the insurance as they will shaft you next time round..

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Bummer - if it is too far gone to fix, I'd agree that the best option is probably to part it and cut your losses. Otherwise, you're back to four years ago on the insurance front.

Phil

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thankyou

Cheers to everyone for the phone calls and best wishes.
Realy starting to ache now. Cant get the image of the sodding tree out of my head...
Still unsure about going through the insurance, yes I will lose some no claims but atleast I will get some money back... hmmm. I think Andy (Dirk) put it best as to either I pay for the car to be fixed (if it can) or ride the whole costs myself, or get some money back through the insurance aswell as the car and break it. In the long run I think it will prob work out cheaper with the insurance as i'll prob be looking at an extra grand or so a year rather than losing a few grand and not using them.

Thanks again

Luke (soon to be the Phoinex)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. I did a similar thing last year, luckily the car wasn't badly damaged. Even now I drive like a girl on slippery roads as I can't get the image of me skidding backwards down the road:(

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Luke mate,

Very sorry to hear about what's happened. As everyone else has said already, as long as you are ok, that's the most important thing.

Good luck in getting the situation sorted.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Sorry to hear the news. Think long and hard about your options before committing. As everyone says, at least you are ok. things could be a lot worse. Start scanning those ads....

·
Registered
520 Posts
Bad luck Luke. :(

I know it doesn't make you feel any better, and others have said it, but it could have been a *lot* worse.

I hope everything sorts itself out for you.

·
Registered
961 Posts
happay to hear you fine!

if it was me i wouldnt go through the insurance therll gett you
in the long run
break the car (for bits) and look at for another one
i can imadinge what the cost to insure would be if you calimed
!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Luke

Listen to your body mate - notice you said you were sore. Get yourself to your GP if you have a sore neck or back and insist on further examination.

Both me and Draxx have lifelong back problems from not sorting injuries out when they happened and it's crappy.

So sorry bout your car, and your sore bits and pieces.

:confused: :confused:

Caroline

1 - 20 of 37 Posts