GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Any idea if the GTR was standard or not?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Defo not a standard GTR and not wanting to be picky but I think thats a GSXR 1000 and an old model too.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I recently went up against a R1 and it was the EXACT same outcome. court up with me a little in the mid.
Mine isn't standard and isn't a mental build either :)

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I've blown old R1's and new big bang models in a stock gtr off the mark and 90-180mph off the mark was easier but 90-180 was a bit harder.... biggest buzz ever

·
Registered
128 Posts
Personally I assumed you would need at least 750-800bhp to keep up with a r1. Looking at the quarter mile times depending on the year of make it does between 10.2-10.4 so wouldn't have thought anything less than 750 stood a chance.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Personally I assumed you would need at least 750-800bhp to keep up with a r1. Looking at the quarter mile times depending on the year of make it does between 10.2-10.4 so wouldn't have thought anything less than 750 stood a chance.
Had a similar experience with an R1 and Ninja.

Came off the roundabout and up the slip road normal speed, next thing the 2 bikes nailed it. I did the same and was loosing out ever so slightly.

Normally I pull away, looked down and was in the low boost mode!!

Changed to full power mode and bye bye bikes!

There faces were a picture.

Stage 2 V2 Ecutek.

So no, don't need big build to destroy them.

Satan.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used to have a full power hayabusa and do believe it would have left my gtr stage one standing. on a small stretch of road 155 is my best on the same stretch with pillion was 180mph though speedo may not be accurate. also managed 205mph on relative short stretch the thing is a lot of bikers don't often go above 150. I find it scarry in a car due to the width and the fact its just too damn easy in the gtr

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Im picking up my brand new R1 tomorrow afternoon!!!

Even though I have blown them out of the water many times - I just always need one in my life :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
No standard Gtr would stand a chance with a 1000cc modern sports bike in the hands of a competent rider, most guys here who are riders too will know a 1000cc bike is not easy to "launch" of the line.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am a motorcycle rider too, in the straits I go faster on a bike but in the track, my laptimes in cages are 20-25 seconds better.

Initialy I would not believe that a liter bike will loose to a gtr in the straits but after seeing the video, what the hell do I know. I wonder whats under the hood

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
This might not be popular, but wares the skill in launching a r35 gtr off the line ,then keeping your foot down so the automatic box can change gear for you ,they can make a very average driver look very good . i think now a lot off super bikes have various ads which should make them easer to launch ,but im sure there still difficult and very scary to lunch , its all good to see but not really a fair comparison even though there both seriously fast

1 - 18 of 18 Posts