GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi chaps, I have been given the opportunity to buy a 1988 R32 Skyline (grade 4) Passage gt 4 door Skyline. with a RB30 twin cam turbo engine, and was wondering if anyone has any info regarding this model?. I am really tempted but know nothing about parts and general maintenance!. Would anyone have a clue as to what one of these would be worth?. Appreciate any help. Thanks

Paul.:wavey:

·
Registered
9,654 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
R31s never came with a 3litre turbo engine from factory, the turbo R31s were RB20DET powered.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I stand corrected (was thinking of VLTs for some reason), they did come with the NA RB30 tho, which was ripe for a DOHC conversion :D

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Yep, I stand corrected some models did come with the RB30 :

"The R31 Skyline was also produced in Australia, with a 3.0 L motor (RB30E) available in sedan or wagon form, as well as a four-cylinder version called the Nissan Pintara. The wagon had the same front style as the coupe and sedan—the only difference being that it lacked the four round brake lights that had been a consistent element of Skyline design (except for the R31 series one/two which had rectangular taillights with a solid bar through the centre which was also shared by the Pintara). These cars were manufactured in Australia due to the heavy import laws which made it expensive to bring cars into Australia".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts