GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have designed these kits to ensure oil temp is kept at optimum for fast road and track use. Pictured is a 13 row gearbox oil cooler kit for an R34 GTR with an 80 deg. thermostatic switch and relay. 88 deg switch also available as an option. All fittings are high quality aeroquip as is the hose rated to 1800 psi.

There are some variables, you can opt to go for a bigger cooler ie 16 or 19 row, also longer hoses than the 3.5m black braided which is part of the kit depending on where you chose to mount the cooler. Contact us with your requirements.

Fitting instructions supplied.

Prices for 13 row gearbox oil cooler setup with 3.5m hose as pictured.

£399 plus postage.

Differential oil cooler with 13 row cooler and 2m hose

£379 plus postage.

Similar kits using the same pumps and coolers are being used to good affect on several R35 GTR's

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Alex the main part of instructions relate to the wiring which is pretty simple and how to wire in the switch. Actual hook up of the cooler and pump is straight forward and is indicated but different people will prefer to fit in different location on the car.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you take the feed out of the drain hole on the gearbox to the pump . A line out of the pump into the oil cooler. From the oil cooler back into the gearbox through the fill hole :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Yes we can also do these, might be a better idea for the txb to use half the width cooler but the same number of rows, ie 13.
Thanks, for the R32 i think the transfer case and differential cooler are the really important ones, my experience on track is that these two are needed unless you run short sessions (GrpA cars had gearbox cooler too).

your kits look good value, could you give me a price for diff and transfer case coolers? I'd really want thermo switches, cooler size and line length specced correctly out of the box as I wouldn't know the best spec without trial and error.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a problem price would be more or less the same as the gearbox cooler. Where do you plan to mount the coolers? Would need hose lengths so we can be sure we provide good lengths. Also if you can pm me thread size for the txb drain and fill plugs I can ensure that we have the take offs available.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Always thought this was a good idea!

Got the N01 transfer clutch, so don't know if I need it for the transfer system now.
As Alex stated the txb does need cooling for long periods of track work then it would be best to have a cooler regardless of what clutch plate are being used as the plate are to improve performance and the cooler is there to cool and improve reliability.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Thanks, for the R32 i think the transfer case and differential cooler are the really important ones, my experience on track is that these two are needed unless you run short sessions (GrpA cars had gearbox cooler too).

your kits look good value, could you give me a price for diff and transfer case coolers? I'd really want thermo switches, cooler size and line length specced correctly out of the box as I wouldn't know the best spec without trial and error.
Are you in a position to put a full kit together for me, I'm still interested in coolers for both transfer and diff but don't want to mess around trial and error on the plumbing, mounting locations and plumbing.

·
Registered
9,768 Posts
Haven't had the time as I have been working on lots of other things so these will be sold as universal. I can provide a wiring diagram and flow diagram for how the pump should be positioned.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.