GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sorry for the daft question but what sort of gains do these give? I've played with chips and standalone ecus before but not on a skyline!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would be like a stage 1 remap I'd imagine just get rid of the speed limiter ,raise the rev limiter abit ,normally raise boost to a bar or just over and alter the map more fuel and different ignition timing

·
Registered
270 Posts
will push 360-380hp with better ignition and fuel timing.
you cant reach that hp with only rising the boost to 1 bar.

i have a power fc and a tomei stage 1 ecu. to be honest i dont think the remap and cost for the power fc will be worth the money on stock turbos. its 600***8364; for the power fc and 600***8364; for the remap. if im lucky i can get 400hp with the costs of 1.200***8364;.

370hp with a cheap stage 1 would be the better option from my point.

·
Registered
445 Posts
will push 360-380hp with better ignition and fuel timing.
you cant reach that hp with only rising the boost to 1 bar.

Are you talking hub HP or flywheel ?

I have standard ECU / Injectors / turbo's and a boost controller and mine makes 332 BHP at the hubs so around 415 fly wheel at 1 bar ( not that I run it at that - 0.8 to be safe )

·
Registered
270 Posts
im talking about hp at the flywheel.
pushing your boost 0,3 bar wont give you 120hp extra with standart turbos, ecu and timing.
lets say your car pushes 320hp stock, it wont go up to 415 with 0,3bar more.

·
Registered
445 Posts
im talking about hp at the flywheel.
pushing your boost 0,3 bar wont give you 120hp extra with standart turbos, ecu and timing.
lets say your car pushes 320hp stock, it wont go up to 415 with 0,3bar more.
Sorry Op for thread crapping but.....

My car has standard Turbo's / Ecu / timing and makes around 415 hp flywheel
It does also have exhaust intercooler and filters but you can get over 400 with 1 bar and small supporting mods.

·
Registered
270 Posts
that sounds more realistic. like i said, you can reach over 400 with 1 bar, but the car must get mapped. the stock ecu has not a real sharp ignition timing and the a/f is very rich.

never heard about a stock ecu with stock turbos that pushes over 400 at 1 bar. maybe you have bigger turbos?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts