GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it just the flywheel? would it be possible then to use an R34 flywheel with the cover plate and plates from a clutch made for an R32?

I'm wondering if I could get away with just buying a Nismo flywheel for R34 and then reassembling my R32 Nismo Coppermix with the R34 flywheel. Or if I'd have to buy an entire new clutch assembly.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I done the same mate. Just changed my os giken tripple
flywheel to an r34 flywheel and job done :). The r34 flywheels are alot thicker so that the plates sit further on the splines of the input shaft.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brilliant, sounds easy enough! Probably don't even need to buy a Nismo, stock R34 flywheel can do the job. The plates sitting further on the splines...is that a good thing or a potentially weaker position?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it just gets better and better, this idea of doing the R34 Getrag swap :D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
brilliant, sounds easy enough! Probably don't even need to buy a Nismo, stock R34 flywheel can do the job
Standard flywheels and twin plate flywheels are completely different, The way the topplate mount it won't work.

I would imagine if you got a R34 Nismo CopperMix flywheel you could make it work....But then you have the problem of the R32 clutch being a Push Type, and the R34 box requiring it to be a Pull Type.

.....It would be easier and probably cheaper to sell yours and buy another

1 - 6 of 6 Posts