GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are plenty of R32s that can go over 180mph, but as anyone can see, the car's no thin sleek aero machine like some Italian machine. For those of you who've brought your R32s up that fast, what's the car like? Any lift issues, weird stability things, etc? I've had my car up to 250kph and it felt just as solid as it is at any other speed, but just wondering if things might change dramatically, or even subtly, when pushing the car towards the 200mph mark.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
From what I understand and heard some of the R32 has a bit of problem with the uplift once you've passed 160+ mph. For some I guess a good and steady aero kit is a must for the R32 for it to be less dangerious at the top end abow 200+ mph. I supose the R34's aero is the best one to handle 200+ mph.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I touched 290kph in my R32 with the Veilside front bumper and the car felt very very glued to the road. Since fitting the trust bumper, the car feels a little less stable, but still acceptable for the speed.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A big usable wing (like Sard, HKS Kansai, etc) would definitely seem like a must, but other bits would be required as well, such as front and rear diffusers? Aren't side skirts and many other body kits just more for show than effective aerodynamics?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
How much of a difference does the full boot spoiler make? My car only has the sub-spoiler and i've never driven with the full two piece factory spoiler..

But even still i've taken it up to 250km/h easy with no hassles. Think suspension makes a diff too. My adjustable coilovers and CUSCO and DOLUCK braces no doubt help with this.

·
Registered
630 Posts
For top speed stability, it's mainly front end lift that you need to minimise - lower the front of the car as much as possible and use deeper splitter, ideally aero tested; use flat undertray to prevent turbulence & lift under engine etc...

Running the rear even slightly lower than the front will *massively* increase lift at the front - this can also be induced at speed by too much rear downforce, remember...

Mine is very stable at 160+, with the aero kit below:

Cheers :)

Rog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts