GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searched and cant find any detailed info for the ariel and supposedly amplifier to boost the signal .

ive been stripping bits apart trying to find out what i can see but cant see any thing usefull as when i connect the head unit to the double ariel wire or one connected at a time theres no reception at all , not even a hint of a channel .

can some one shed some detailed light on this please :sadwavey:

also curious about this wire ? is if for connection to a laptop ? it was tucked behind my centre console

also found some thing in a very odd place , in the plastic trim that runs along with the roofing lining on the passenger side of the car .

my wife said they are not even in circulation any more , any one recognize it lol ? ( i know from japan lol )

·
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats one thing solved then , cheers for that part purpleskyline .:thumbsup:

just need to know the rest of the ariel stuff now :squintdan

·
Registered
889 Posts
i am not 100% but the ariel is connected to the rear screen with the demister,
all the speaker amps are under the rear shelf in the boot

·
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
isnt there a amp for the signal of the ariel ?

as that speaker amp ( clarion ) has no plug attached or to be seen any were on my car

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Isn't the R32 GTR ariel in the front windscreen?, I found this while surfing SAU, hope it's of some help.

Charlie.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
32 aerial is in the front and rear screen, the booster/amp is tucked behind the trim between the passenger rear quarter window and the back screen. make sure its all earthed properly (little bolts into the a frame next to the window connections) also, my window connection had snapped so had to solder back on, may be the prob?

·
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't the R32 GTR ariel in the front windscreen?, I found this while surfing SAU, hope it's of some help.

Charlie.
this did confirm things better for me as the black and red wire was the on i was tracing just to make sure .
i will try a 12v feed on it on the weekend when i get time .
hope it works :nervous:

·
Registered
148 Posts
That coin is still in circulation. It's a 10 yen piece. I've got hundreds of those things floating around my house...

·
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tried powering up the red and black wire but with no joy :sadwavey:

looks like i will try a new amplified ariel instead when it comes in the post

·
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got the full aerial wiring from front a pillar to back screen including amp available if you want to stay original.
cheers but i already had a new amplified ariel coming in the post , came today and will try it tomoro

1 - 13 of 13 Posts