GTR Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I love the NX2000 - the cousin to the classic B13 SE-R.

A definite must-do project if I were stateside would be to use either an NX2000 or an original SE-R (I owned one for ten years), and transplant a Pulsar GTi-R drivetrain for AWD, then blow the hell out of it with readily available SR20 tuning bits and a nice big turbo.

Although there were doubters as to whether it could be done, it's pretty straightforward, - just needing an 80's vintage Pulsar/Sentra RWD rear subframe and some space for the driveshaft. The front Pulsar transverse layout drops right in, and you've got a 400-500bhp monster compact with the traction to back it up.

I also strongly suspect that (in answer to, why not just tune a Pulsar GTi-R) the B13 chassis, with it's endless comparisons to the BMW 2002Tii, would not have the understeer and other poor handling characteristics of the Pulsar. I know my own SE-R was nimble and balanced and the rare FF car where you'd need to worry more about the rear than that irritating front-end plow!

·
Registered
549 Posts
this car is a work of art, i love everything you have done to it!

really liking the engine bay work you have done,

also IMO i would keep the wheels white

glad its all coming together for you after being let down on the block

Jim

·
Registered
231 Posts
hey felixy69

just wanted to ask how you wired the power back to the front of the car

i asume the 1/0 gauge wire you have is the main power wire, did you re-join that with the exsiting wiring or rewire it to the altinator and start motor?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Dont be disapointed Felixy69 you just had an EPIC build and everyone loves your car! Dont be put down by the dyno results you got as rob at rips said it all subjective. I'm pretty shure when you ge it on the road it will go plenty fast enough!

·
Registered
158 Posts
the attention to detail just blew my freakin mind.

if its not too late, i would say go for the hot pink wheels!!
i think i got the same led tailights for mine.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Although I have the same big single (T78) kit as you do, I don't think I can follow your footpath to do what you have achieve with R32... man, the engine room is so clean, has been taken care with such professionalism and precision... just amazing. What is it like driving this Real Godzila around compared to a stock Rb26DETT?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The car is still sitting unfortunately. He moved onto his Honda Fit build. This was one of two AWD RB30 GTRs in Canada, one of them pulled the motor and sold the car though.

So felix, whats next? :p

101 - 114 of 114 Posts