GTR Forum banner

Do R32's look better with clear front indicators?

• Yes

Votes: 231 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 190 39.7%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I know what your saying there ! but i have a u-section rubber strip that covers the 'chrome edging' .. The build 'quality' of the D-speed units is utter sh#te tho.. but that aside orange indicators on a white car for me is a no-no .. especially with how mine looks ....
when i complete this seasons makeover i will post pics and you will see what i mean :smokin: :D

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Dave_R1001 said:
I mean, wtf is with the tacky poorly finished "chrome" strip along the top of the unit?!

Orange indicators = 80's cool!!
I know exactly how these indicators are made (being associated with a company that makes thousands of the damn things a week) and it is so obvious why the chrome has 'spilled out' over the edge.

When were the 80's cool??? lol:D

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Trying to decide whether to go back to "orange" or get my trusty sledgehammer and look for whoflungdung :D:D:D

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Cant quite make my mind up!

Whilst I like the look of clear lenses on my gunmetal 32, sometimes I think it looks too bland and that the orange lenses bring a little colour to the car. Also the build quality of the clear lenses is crap, I was on the M25 a few years ago and my nearside lens popped out and was flapping in the breeze!:eek: Needless to say I removed them when I got home and put the orange ones back. Might swap them over soon to see if I still like them on the car:)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Bajie said:
Trying to decide whether to go back to "orange" or get my trusty sledgehammer and look for whoflungdung :D:D:D

I'm here......:p

Sorry really didn't like them, I think orange looks best on your colour

But thats my opinion, variety is the spice of life ;)

Are you putting your sledgee away now?

I have enough headaches at the mo', and can't stop shuffling everywhere

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
All depends on the colour for me.

There were rumours of a different set about to go on sale in the UK with better build quality and at sensible money and on a white car, I will certainly go clear then...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Its a shame the R32 GTS indicators dont fit, the clear ones with the orange side repeater built into them now they are retro cool:smokin:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
My passenger side D-Speed clear indicator came out at high speed yesterday, not only did it smash its self to pieces, it also hammered the cr4p out of my front wing as it flapped about in the wind :eek:

Hopefully Dentmaster will save the day though [as the paint wasn't broken]...

My BNR32 is silver and quite frankly looks 100x better with clear lenses so I'm going to persevere and buy another set...

This time though - I'm going to make sure that they are welded in place!:D

I've spent £560 on indicators in the last 6 months...

If my misses finds out I'm going to loose even more money in the divorce courts...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have seen a few do this and it is the whole reason I am resiting buying some for mine....

Sorry to hear it has happened to you..

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Luckham said:
My passenger side D-Speed clear indicator came out at high speed yesterday, not only did it smash its self to pieces, it also hammered the cr4p out of my front wing as it flapped about in the wind :eek:

Hopefully Dentmaster will save the day though [as the paint wasn't broken]...

My BNR32 is silver and quite frankly looks 100x better with clear lenses so I'm going to persevere and buy another set...

This time though - I'm going to make sure that they are welded in place!:D

I've spent £560 on indicators in the last 6 months...

If my misses finds out I'm going to loose even more money in the divorce courts...
Are you me in disguise? :D

exactly the same with me, silver 32, clear leanses dont want to keep up with the car!
Was the speed in the region of 165? (private road officer!);)

41 - 60 of 176 Posts