GTR Forum banner

Do R32's look better with clear front indicators?

• Yes

Votes: 231 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 190 39.7%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
What I find funny is the people who pick clear indicators so the R32 looks "less dated". It's an 80's car, what do you expect?? What's next, angel eye conversions?

Well save your money that you're going to spend on clear lenses and the bayside blue paint, sell your R32 and get a damn R34 if you hate the 80's styling of the R32 so much.

Or get a bloody BMW since they milked the clear lenses fad

This is the 2nd most annoying thing, 2nd place to the GTS/GTT (i need a GTR look kit) brigade.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
And just to add. Clear indicators is not always a "chav" thing - but often contemporary taste adds pressure of the less secure Skyline owners who wouldnt want his 18 year old GTR to be perceived as old by his mates who drive clear indicator euro-boxes.

I personally hate the idea of trying to change the aggressive function over form styling that the R32 had. I wish more people could appreciate the R32 for what it is rather than being treated as "well it is the only Skyline GTR I can afford".

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
And just to add. Clear indicators is not always a "chav" thing - but often contemporary taste adds pressure of the less secure Skyline owners who wouldnt want his 18 year old GTR to be perceived as old by his mates who drive clear indicator euro-boxes.

I personally hate the idea of trying to change the aggressive function over form styling that the R32 had. I wish more people could appreciate the R32 for what it is rather than being treated as "well it is the only Skyline GTR I can afford".
Here here!
;)
bob

·
Registered
892 Posts

i think the R32GTR is the leaner & meaner of the GTR'S and its the one that riped up the rule book for what a GT car can do on and off the track thats why i whent for the R32GTR by choice !!!!!

mine is a black car with orange indicator's

·
Registered
123 Posts
the r32 gtr is the only skyline i would consider buying you cant beat 80s styling and the debate about clear vs orange is a little silly as modding is all about personal tastes it was always going to end up in an argument over chave not chave etc

who cares if they are orange or clear or smoked or blue or green etc

you should be thankfull that you can afford to own and run a skyline gtr and just enjoy the car for what it is

a simply stuning car

ps pls dont flame me if i offended anyone with this as ever its a personal opinion and as such you can take it or leave it

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
the r32 gtr is the only skyline i would consider buying you cant beat 80s styling and the debate about clear vs orange is a little silly as modding is all about personal tastes it was always going to end up in an argument over chave not chave etc

who cares if they are orange or clear or smoked or blue or green etc

you should be thankfull that you can afford to own and run a skyline gtr and just enjoy the car for what it is

a simply stuning car

Well said, that man.

PS: Like the sig.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I bought my 32 GTR 'cos I wanted one, not because I couldn't afford a 33. They are the lightest, most aggressive looking and the original affordable supercar.

I've just bought a set of smoked from RHD Japan as I think they'll compliment my N1 headlights nicely, especially with a set of silver bulbs so there's no orange at all at the front. I'll put a piccy up as soon as I get them on there.

If I want to change the look of my car, I ****ing will. So, to all the haters; bollocks ;)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
the smoked ones match the N1s perfectly, best visual upgrade I've made. Perfectly clear works with stock headlamps but the N1s are darker somehow? I actually did it in the car park. Required a screwdriver and about five minutes, especially as I didn't fiddle with the orange bulbs (just used the stock ones).

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

Mine with the new smoked D-Speeds. I've since fixed the chrome band round the top. When I get over this bout of man-flu and wash the car again, I'll take an updated pic.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Stunning, and I've got to admit the orange indicators really suit :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:
I am loving the orange R32! Plus, i am a clear lens man, but for some reason i dont know the R32 suits Orange lens on the front! The smoked ones are sort of all right but look a bit too Halfords jobbys! :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
injectors lences

sorry to go abit sidetracked and not to start world war three but just aquick question,where can you buy a pair of the clear indicator lences for a 1990 gtr32 that fit as the origanal orange ones do as im after a pair??great thread buy the way.cheers dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
I love the stock bnr32....looks stunning from every angle...the poise stance shape tis timeless

i voted no as i like the original look but i think tis a matter of taste and the clearies don't look bad.

101 - 120 of 176 Posts