GTR Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
A quick update:

I've sent out the systems to the guys who offered to trial my prototype parts. Cheers guys. (y)

Depending on their feedback as to ease of fitment, how well they fit the bumper opening and proximity to the Intercooler and ducting, I may have to make some small changes. 馃

While I am waiting I have started to look into a twin hose version, one routed to each filter.

Another version may be one that will work with the OE air box, (for the few still running them).
My thought is to connect the duct circled in red below with an extra connector piece:

Hair Hairstyle Organ Human body Handwriting

But these are future project, I want to get the current prototypes up and running first.

GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
It looks as this cold air pickup has come at the right time in the UK with next weeks temperatures in the high 30's. 馃尀

I've had very good feedback from the two systems sent out so far in terms of fit and finish and induction temperature reduction.
One of the guys used a temperature probe before and after and found an induction temperature drop of almost 10 degrees on a 25 degree day.
Now I am not claiming any particular performance gains from this, but I think we all know and agree cool air is better than hot.

Sleeve Grey Wood Glove Font

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Grille Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

I have couple more systems available if anyone is interested? 拢50.

These have a 75mm duct you can route to your filters and the only mod required are two 5mm hose be drilled in the bumper beam for mounting.

Premium Member
R32 GTR
Could be interested. Just need to check the amout of space available I have when Im back home from offshore

Premium Member
R32 GTR
What else do you have in that area?
Oil cooler?

If not, there shouldn't be anything else in there.

Let us know.(y)
Intercooler piper work, but I want to change the intercooler for a different one. Engine is coming out in a few months

GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It clears the path intercooler ducting takes, that's one of the things I asked my two other takers to report back on even with hard pipe kits. 馃憤馃徎

GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for everyone who help support me in the development of my Cold Air Intake idea. 馃檹

Now the development phase is over I'm now able to offer my finished product over on EBay:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts