GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys can anyone tell me how long it will take to remove the dash on my r32 gtr? I have a tiny bit of shrinkage around my centre and passenger air vents and am of the understanding that I must remove the dash so I can pop these out and heat the material up and restick it down, is this the correct procedure to cure this??

Also is a easy job that a novice like me can do?

Any help is always appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Having done a dash swop I can say it is not "difficult" but there are an awful lot of electrical connectors to undo as well as screws and bolts some of which are in silly places. If it seems to be stuck you have not got all the fixings off.

My main problem was removing the steering wheel proved virtually impossible as it hadnt been off since 1991. I was told it needs to come off but it doesnt although the dash only comes off and out through the passenger door,

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Just dont try to force it - if everything is diconnected it will move quite easily and watch the plastic vents they can break as at their age are quite brittle

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Just dont try to force it - if everything is diconnected it will move quite easily and watch the plastic vents they can break as at their age are quite brittle
Agreed :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
It's pretty easy to do. There are 2 bolts on the front of the dash near the windscreen that are the most hidden (under each cover). Use a camera to photograph stages so that if you take a long time re-fitting it'll be made easier to check for reference. Also bag & label everything so you know which screws go where later.

I'd not bother repairing, just change the dash for a better one as the foam gets old and flaky and glue won't do much there... Also change the vents for the front screen and a/c vents too, they get brittle and snap. They're available now but won't be forever. We change them a fair bit on cars we supply. May as we do it than try to find these parts in 10 years time when they're discontinued!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
To save you all that hassle, why dont you first try getting a syringe and needle and fill it up with glue, push it through the raised bit and inject it in there then get something to hold it down.

I know a fuel people on here have had good results doing that. Worth a think about anyway.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
problem is d-ranged it round the centre air vents and I don't wany to try and move the plastic vents incase I snap them I may have a go thanks for all the help from everyone that replied much appreciated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts