GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, have already done a search on this topic, found two threads which go nowhere in terms of a result. Apologies if I have missed the one I SHOULD have found, but cant.. (find it!). :runaway:

Does anyone know how to delimit a 32 GTR? or where I can get it done? I am of the understanding that I dont want to do it via the gearbox as this will mess with the ATESSA-yes/no?

So does anyone know the options and what sort of money I'd expect to pay if I was getting it done by someone?

Thanks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate. Any special tools needed, torx etc?

Also, the pic is blurred, which makes sizing a bit difficult-how big is it roughly, and is it easy to spot?!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
think you my have found one of my threads, had it at rb's but forgot to mention delimit, have turned the chip back on on the ecu (aftermarket) but havnt had a chance to try it yet plus im running on winter tires now which dont have a very high speed rating last thing i want to do is write the car off lol, will have a look for the thing above this weekend (weather permiting) as ive still got a bulb left to change in the speedo will got better pic for you of where on it it is.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
ok, looked at this today and removed but then thought about the speed signal for the hicas, as far as i can see this is the only part of the cluster that would send a speed signal back to the ecu which would also explain why it would de-limit, also when reading about how the worm gear way of converting kph to mph upsets the fueling i felt that to avoid any possible det or such like and to keep my hicas in working order i put it back in. still took the photos as promised 1st and 2nd show the thing and its location 3rd shows where it makes contact to the circuit board. easy to find.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
ive still got my HICAS & had no problems after removing the limiter ,only when i changed from 16" wheels to 18`s the back end was a bit wobbly for a few miles but it soon settled down ,drives staight & true no prob since

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mava, you ARE my hero! :bowdown1: Good work fella!!! :chuckle:
But what on earth are you doing with a 110 MPH speedo???

·
Registered
715 Posts
And now your hicas and fueling will be all over the place, as the ecu will think you are standing still.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
just put it in to get a rough idea of proper speed for when road angel has lost the satalites lol, it does appear that it is the only way the speed signal is sent to the ecu in which case the fueling would be affected same as with installing a worm drive to convert kph to mph, also hicas shuold be affected aswel in theory if it changes mode at 80kph and there isnt a signal it shouldnt change mode unless im missing something.
personaly im going to track down the wire 53 from the ecu and put a toggle switch on it so i can either have the limiter on or off also if the hicas need diagnostic having it on again will help to exit the diagnostic mode.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts