GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been cutting up my wiring loom and getting rid off the stuff I don't need anymore for my trackcar.

But I want to ditch the fuel controller aswell which normally sits on the right side off the car under the 1/4 window behind the interior.

Does anyone know what I need to connect and/or cut and replace to make a constant feed for the fuelpump when the ignition is switched on?

I've searched but nothing complete turned up... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Have a check on the Skylines australia forum. I did the earth mod to my fuel pump which simply bypasses the regulator, and when reading up on it, the guys over there had documented the fuelling system in quite a fair bit of detail. Saw a few diagrams of how it all works posted on their forums.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't seem to work. Even If I hard wire the fuel pump straight from the battery, it still doesn't feed the injectors and the car won't start :confused:
Does it have a safety valve in a fuelline somewhere? I managed to get her going on the stock setup again.

But I want rid off that controller :D

·
Registered
743 Posts
As far as i know there is nothing in between the pump and the injectors
On the return line there is the pressure regulator

You can always take of the fuel hose from the fuel rail in the engine bay and put that in a bucket and turn on the fuel pump and see if fuel comes out

I have also removed the controller and i am going to make a switch on the dash to turn it on and off

But i have not tested it yet

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
your search skills need work man!

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/109022-r33-gtr-fuel-pump-earthing-issue-where-earth.html#post1021613

2nd post down

the trigger wire from the ECU comes out of a plug sort of behind the battery - a multi-meter wil help you find it - it'll light up when you turn the ignition on - but be careful there are two wires there that seem to do a similar thing, but one seems connected to the interior lights! my first attempt at wiring this up back-fed 12v into the light/central locking circuit :) so it was the other wire...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts