GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Was giving the car a wash today and found out that water was dripping in the inside of the window. the door seal in shot. all disintigrating, i may aswell replace the passenger side too. Does anyone know where i can get the door seals from?

thanks

James.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yep, I got mine from a Nissan main dealer. It was one of the larger ones, but they ordered it in for me no probs. Because the R32 is an import they had to get it shipped over from Nissan Japan, so took around three weeks.

£84 a side though, so when I replaced both of mine, (they had begun to split in the top rear corner where the corner of the glass meets it), the bill came to £168. :(

That soon looked like good value when I started buying other bits like clear indicators and wheels though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info mate. Will get on contactong local Missan dealer.
and soon, cause petrol fumes make there way in through the seals at the moment,lol

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, didint see that.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Just remembered a problem I had when ordering my door seals. I had to look at a ropey image on the Nissan parts computer to identify the parts I needed, but because the picture was so poor me and the parts guy identified the wrong bit, and initially they ordered the edging strip stuff that goes over the welded edges of the metal to stop you cutting yourself on it. You'll understand what I mean when you see the pic, it could be either of two parts, the graphics were very poor.

This obviously wasn't the bit I wanted, so I had to wait another few weeks for them to order the right bits, (the rubber seals, not the plasticy edging strip).

For reference, the bits I ordered were as follows:

Nissan P/No. 76860-04U01 W/Strip Body RH (Right side door seal) £83.40 inc VAT
Nissan P/No. 76861-04U01 Weatherstrip (Left side door seal) £84.00 inc VAT

Why left and right sides are called different things and priced differently I don't know, :confused: , but they're the bits I got and they fitted fine. :)

Hope that's some help.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi mate,
Thanks for the part numbers, much appreciated.

James.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, there not that nice on hot days, gets on me nose.
Think i know why. I have a screamer pipe which is facing out of the side of one of me side skirts. like a side exit exhaust. think that could be expeling fumes a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts